• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Towed sled for Sno Cat

teamster

I'm looking to build a sleigh to tow behind my Spryte, to recover broken snowmobiles or just haul supplies. Does anyone have any design ideas? Looking for something light, maybe even carry on roof rack, when not in use, with the ability to back it up, without unhooking. Thanx for your input.

Mtn-Track

Buy yourself a cheap little mesh-deck trailer and put some skis on the spindles....

I like the idea Bill came up with at Snotrans and I may get one of his ski kits to do what you're thinking.

Attachments

• DSC03173.jpg
    DSC03173.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 610

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
That is a great idea for a tow sled. Should track nice with the skis in the tracks left by the towing vehicle.:clap:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
here is a picture of the trailer i rebuilt it's a simple design and could be built with spare parts this pic shows it as a wagoi i pulled the box off and put on aa flat bed last winter

Attachments

• don.jpg
    don.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 578

Cletis

Was in Denver the last couple days for training and stopped into one of those Bass Pro shops. They had those poly sleds (otter). I bought a small one last year to use when I was out snow shoeing small things around. Only they had very large ones that was easily large enough to put a snow machine in. It was very thick also. Didn't even look at the price but if you weren't wanting to build, I would think it would work very well. Might be worth checking out.

Cletis

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
i also have a cool runner sled i built and it towed nice with a snowmachine i have thaught of making a larger one for the snow trac

stowester

I've pulled a pickup bed liner behind a snowmobile for trail work. One from an full size, long bed would be a good size for a cat. Some light frame work and a hitch would be needed. Only usable with good snow cover.