• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Delta lost $40 million in tax breaks

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Delta took a stand against the NRA.

Figured it didn't have much to lose, its a popular position among corporate liberals to oppose the NRA.

So how many NRA members actually used the discount? Turns out only 13 members used the discount. Heck I've flown Delta and didn't even know they would give me a discount (before this recent policy change) for my NRA membership.

So it looks like Delta lost $40 million in fuel tax breaks, but at least they dont have to pay those 13 discounts :yum:

http://www.wtsp.com/mobile/article/...t-13/465-f3c2431b-ec3d-469e-8799-5060e998ecb2

How many airline passengers does it take to kill a $40 million tax break for Delta Air Lines? Only 13.

The Georgia legislature removed a jet-fuel tax break from a larger tax package Thursday. Lawmakers were upset that Delta, which is headquartered in Atlanta, dropped the National Rifle Association from a discount-fare program in an effort to appear neutral on gun policy.

After the firestorm, Delta will review all its marketing programs to avoid those that might become political, CEO Ed Bastian announced Friday.

But the airline said only 13 passengers ever bought tickets with an NRA discount. That translates into each discount costing the airline about $3 million in tax breaks.

Lt. Gov. Casey Cagle, one of the primary candidates, gained attention by tweeting Monday that he would kill any tax break for Delta...

... the state Senate passed the tax measure 44-10 after removing the jet-fuel provision. The House – which had passed an earlier version with the jet-fuel provision – followed with a 135-24 vote.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Ones choices have consequences, something most liberals fail to understand. Maybe Delta has a better understanding today. Maybe not.