• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I have a job interview in 3 hours and I'm freaking out! tips?

Angelface

Ugh i had enough of my current job. So after 4 years im ready for a new one. I havent had a job interview in a long time, so I am kinda.... well really nervous. It's over the phone since the job is across the state near Portland Oregon. If i get it, ill be moving over there. Something I really want to do.... so a lot is on the line here..

Tips to calm myself down????

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Ugh i had enough of my current job. So after 4 years im ready for a new one. I havent had a job interview in a long time, so I am kinda.... well really nervous. It's over the phone since the job is across the state near Portland Oregon. If i get it, ill be moving over there. Something I really want to do.... so a lot is on the line here..

There is no point in attempting to be anyone but yourself. If that is not what THEY want, then the job is not what you want. Any untruth or stretchy you might say will be a lie for which you have to compensate if you get the job.

BE YOURSELF

Unless you need this new job to pay off your old bills
,there is no reason to worry.

So, just answer everything with complete honesty.

Bon chance!

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

Prayer has always worked for me. Best wishes on a successful job interview. :biggrin:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Since they won't see you, you will have to be sure to speak clearly, and speak up. As Frank said, be yourself. Think positive. Believe in yourself. You can do this. Prayers for you to have a successful interview. Best wishes.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm too late to give advise but glad to hear it went well for you. All my interviews in the last 15+ years have been over the phone. I got every job. Just doing what Franc said and be yourself.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm glad you feel good about it. If YOU think it went well, it must have. Hoping you get the news you want Friday.