• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Aktiv And Tucker Kitten Now At New Home In WY

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
The 1968 Aktiv TracMaster and 1960 Tucker Kitten have made it to there new home in WY after a 900 mile over the road truck transport trip and they are still both in great shape. Thanks Lyndon, for working with us and your great work on the restoration and maintenance on these two snow cats. They are both great examples of older well maintained snow cats. Lyndon has done a fantastic job on restoration and maintaining these two snow cats over the years.

Bill & Jan
e0_1.JPG

TracMater On Trailer 1.JPG

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
hi bill
I can't believe you got both of Lyndon's rigs ! I wanted that Snow master real bad . It is a great looking machine . You are a lucky dog !

Note: It just started snowing hard here at the ranch !!!

Eric L

Site Supporter
:notworthy

I'm jealous... but really, you can tell me,.. you wanted the Tucker, and he made you take the Snow Trac too, right?

Eric

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
BigAl said:
hi bill
I can't believe you got both of Lyndon's rigs ! I wanted that Snow master real bad . It is a great looking machine . You are a lucky dog !
Note: It just started snowing hard here at the ranch !!!

Evening Al,
Yes, we do consider ourselves fortunate to have both of Lyndon's snow cats. It only took us two years to convince him we would provide a safe and suitable home for them. The Tucker is in storage for now as I have my plate full with my other snow cat projects and work. I am amazed at the crisp and precise running and handling of the Kitten. It surpassed my expectations. It will only be used for parking lot parades and pulling out stuck and broken down Kristi snow cats in the near future.:yum: ;)

The TracMaster is on the mountain and will be used for our mountain home access along with the LMC/VMC. We really like the multi passenger capacity. Jan can take all 6 of the grandchildren out at one time and no one will have to walk, but me..... It will also be made available to rescue broken down and stuck Kristi snow cats. This was a provision of the sale to us that Lyndon forced upon the buyer....Do you think this has anything to do with you???????:yum:
Bill

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Eric L said:
:notworthy

I'm jealous... but really, you can tell me,.. you wanted the Tucker, and he made you take the Snow Trac too, right Eric

I wanted both.......:D :D

Let me tell you, the Tucker far exceeded my expectations on the handling and running of an older Tucker. I do believe it is a great machine to "have and to hold", as it has only about 250 total miles according to the info I have on it. It is probably one of he lowest hour/mile units you could find.

The Aktiv TracMater is also in that same category with less than 250 total miles according to the odometer and prior owner. It is going to an interesting snow cat as I have been trying to purchase one for several years and finally broke down and just did it. I now have to renew my VW experience since I have not been around one since I owned a Karman Ghia in 1966. I hope my LMC or wife does not get jealous and start acting up......:pat:

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
Too many!!!!!! The BR100+ is for sale.... Very nice and fun machine, but it is just is not a keeper for me......It has a brake pedal and I never learned to how to use a brake pedal on a snow cat. Brakes are for highway vehicles. I keep trying to throw myself through the windshield. The LMC 1200 may be up for sale as I find out how well I like the VMC diesel as an everyday commuter and driver.
As far as the others they stay. :hide:

GYPSY

Mtntopper - I now have a source for Kitten parts for my machine - YOURS!!! I can be there in about an hour.

Seriously, I need some photos of the chassis springs, front and rear.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
GYPSY said:
Mtntopper - I now have a source for Kitten parts for my machine - YOURS!!! I can be there in about an hour.
Seriously, I need some photos of the chassis springs, front and rear.

And GYPSY, what is your address. I will also be coming by in the near future with a late night requisition for Tucker parts....:yum:

I actually have one of the springs out of the suspension now. It popped out when I drove it off the transport as the steep steel ramp angle was way too much and a little wide for safe loading and unloading of a steel track.....:eek: We made it, but I did a power slide back wards down the steel ramp slide and hit the ground a little hard......:pat: Sorry, Lyndon......but of course, Lyndon had his fun as he loaded the Kitten on the transport at the front and sideways on the trailer. I had to spin it around on the width of the trailer and back it off. I had never run a kitten before. The Tucker performed flawlessly and came around like it was on rails. The transport driver and my wife ran for cover as I maneuvered the Kitten to the ground.

The Kitten is in storage in Buffalo for now. Let me know when you are going to be over this way and you can take a look at the suspension set up for yourself. I will try to get some photos this weekend, but it is a very tight area where the springs fit and may not show up well in the pics. The length and total compression of the spring is what you will need. Looks like a big engine valve spring.....and according to Lyndon that is what they used.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
mtntopper said:
The TracMaster is on the mountain and will be used for our mountain home access along with the LMC/VMC. We really like the multi passenger capacity. Jan can take all 6 of the grandchildren out at one time and no one will have to walk, but me.....
Bill, the cabin configuration with the ability to easily transport a bunch of people, or people + gear, is a great feature of the Snow Trac/Snow Master machines. I think it makes them very desirable little snowcats. Most other snowcats hold fewer people and require cargo to be stored outside lashed onto an open cargo bed. Or, if the snowcat can hold both people and gear, then it is typically much larger in size (think Tucker 400 series).

Of course Jan is going to have to get used to the bizarre reverse shift pattern of the Snow Tracs with first gear lower right and 4th gear upper left :eek:

GYPSY

MTNTOPPER - Those steel track Tuckers are best loaded and hauled on wood. Steel tracks, steel ramps and snow/ice can make for handling issues. The tracks will grip the wood better.

mtntopper

Back On Track
SUPER Site Supporter
GYPSY said:
MTNTOPPER - Those steel track Tuckers are best loaded and hauled on wood. Steel tracks, steel ramps and snow/ice can make for handling issues. The tracks will grip the wood better.

I can't do anything but agree after the quick trip down the steel ramps backwards.....:yum: I think the Kitten will load on my gooseneck beavertail ok as the steel ramp angle is not as steep....:hide: The tilt bed might be a different story as the angle is fairly steep....:eek: