• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Moms to EPA recall Monsanto's round up herbicide

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I was always led to believe that glyphosphate was one of the safest chemicals around for controlling weeds and grasses. It seems that I may have been wrong but I'll reserve judgement for a while until there is more data one way or the other.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was always led to believe that glyphosphate was one of the safest chemicals around for controlling weeds and grasses. It seems that I may have been wrong but I'll reserve judgement for a while until there is more data one way or the other.

I used to think so as well..

But I surely wouldn't put it past Monsanto to have left reasearch on the table, for the public not to see. I believe that there is little that this company will not do to protect their profits made on the backs of farmers. For instance the royalty on RR soybean seed started at $4 per unit in 1996. It is now more like $18 per unit. Show me a royalty that increases 400+ % in 20 years. That just doesn't happen, unless you can. And Monsanto has....

Round up is no longer working on weeds we fight either. This technology has seen it's best days, and is on the way out. If it is what is causing Autism, then it should be banned for ever.

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Round up is no longer working on weeds we fight either. This technology has seen it's best days, and is on the way out. If it is what is causing Autism, then it should be banned for ever.

I can't remember exactly when I noticed what was happening but Round Up has lost effectiveness every year. It's down so far that most of the weeds get greener after applying. :(

I'll have to check the label on our current product to see what's in it.

Jim

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I seem to remember a story from years back about locals and natives who had health issues that they blamed on the CIA's spraying of coca plants in South America with Roundup from small planes.