• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

POLL: What brand snowcat do you own?

What brand snowcat do you own/operate?

• AKTIV Snow Trac, Trac Master, or Snow Master

Votes: 103 14.2%
  • KRISTI KT2, KT3, KT4 or KT7

Votes: 10 1.4%
  • THIOKOL/DMC/LMC (any of the numerous models)

Votes: 187 25.8%
  • BOMBARDIER (J5, Bombi, B12, C18, etc)

Votes: 152 21.0%
  • TUCKER (classic steel track)

Votes: 72 9.9%
  • TUCKER (rubber track or terra track)

Votes: 61 8.4%
  • VMC

Votes: 5 0.7%
  • Other (please list the brand/model in the thread below)

Votes: 62 8.6%
  • NONE, but I enjoy the Snowcat forums anyway

Votes: 40 5.5%
  • NONE, I visit the ForumsForums but don't frequent the snowcat area.

Votes: 42 5.8%
  • NONE YET, but I am looking for a snowcat.

Votes: 76 10.5%

• Total voters

Nemo

First trip out with newly acquired 1962 Snow Trac showing only 600 hrs blew the motor. The cat is very good condition original. Now faced with the decision of keeping stock motor and rebuilding or going with a 1600 dual port. Your feedback is appreciated.

First trip out with newly acquired 1962 Snow Trac showing only 600 hrs blew the motor. The cat is very good condition original. Now faced with the decision of keeping stock motor and rebuilding or going with a 1600 dual port. Your feedback is appreciated.

the more power the better

Snowy Rivers

Very happy owner of a FrankenCat

1972 Thiokol 2100 Packmaster that has been gutted and is coming back from the valley of the shadow of death......

Chevy S10 Cab
Chevy 305 V8 power (For now)

And the project rolls on.....

sheep_mtn

GOLD Site Supporter
I previously owned a '75 Imp wide track, and now upgraded to an '89 LMC 1500 w/AMC motor (adjustable carb). I had been looking for a crew cab with a blade for years, and they are getting hard to find! This one came out of northern Utah, though I don't know much about the machine's history. I'm in the process of dialing it in for winter. Some things have been maintained quite well, and other things completely overlooked! So far I've replaced some hydro hoses, replaced the ignition switch, changed oil, greased everything, and carpeted some of the interior. Still lots more to go through before I'll trust her in the backcountry. But overall it's a pretty solid unit and I'm really glad to have it.

1636050479409.png

Last edited:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I don't own it but I started training on this 2008 prinoth Husky for the snowmobile club. It currently only has 2500 hrs roughly on the machine. Right now we are using a packer bar on the back to open the trails. It raises and lowers hydraulically allowing you to back up easily and grab snow with the front blade

Attachments

• 20230103_074558.jpg
    20230103_074558.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 66

PGBC

I think a snocat would be great to own, but don't have one.
Do have snowmobiles.
A Pistenbully 600 with larger cab to carry 5 or 6 people looks fun.

YamaDooPolCat

SUPER Site Supporter
Can’t get in to the survey above.
Second registered owner of 1975 Tucker 1544. Factory 6 way blade, 318 power with new 727 automatic.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Can’t get in to the survey above.
Second registered owner of 1975 Tucker 1544. Factory 6 way blade, 318 power with new 727 automatic.
don't feel bad it is from 2006.

some argue the hay day of the forum.

I just did the survey and was able to click all but 2 of the boxes.

Holy crap.

Don Coyote

redsqwl,........ I have 15 antique snowmobiles and my Wife thinks we live in a salvage yard.

........... You have 40+ snowcats?

MY Tucker 442a is still stored on a friend's property. (Wifey is threatening to murder me in my sleep if I ever bring it home).

I envy your collection,.............. especially that Kitten project.

Attachments

• Horse's Ass.JPG
    Horse's Ass.JPG
    80 KB · Views: 10

Yancey

I got a 1958 Pre-Thiokol 4VL. At snowcat safety class it got nick named "Old Bessie". Impressively it did as very well compared to many of the newer ones. Not so impressive is finding parts and the owners manual. HELP!
IMG_20231211_144709[1].jpgIMG_20201127_122005_3.jpg

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got a 1958 Pre-Thiokol 4VL. At snowcat safety class it got nick named "Old Bessie". Impressively it did as very well compared to many of the newer ones. Not so impressive is finding parts and the owners manual. HELP!
View attachment 175826View attachment 175827
Not sure I have ever seen a manual for any of those (various) machines. I've seen a few machines, but they all seem to be 'one of one' and each appeared to be different to me. Mechanically I'm sure they are very similar, but darned if I know anything about finding a manual or parts.