• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Had to put our 14 yoa Boxer down, have meds to donate

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Last Sunday evening, we had to put our 14 year old Boxer, "Trouble", to sleep.

One of her ailments had to do with her thyroid.

I am sure some other pet owner would love to have the left over meds I have. It's probably all worth about 100 bucks. I want to give it to somebody that needs it now, and won't discard it.

Has anybody ever heard of an organization that hooks up people like me with people that could use these meds. I want to donate, and will mail them anywhere in the US.

More than 100 Synthroid 50mcg
About 100 Calcitrol 0.25mcg
6 doses Denamarin for large dogs

I'd appreciate any leads.

ps - we had Trouble cremated and had to pick her up today. Doc could dispose of the meds, but could not dispense them. He suggested an animal shelter, but I am worried the meds will end up in the trash. I'd like to find somebody currently buying these meds and will use them on a daily basis for their pet.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Sure sorry to hear about your loss . Losing a pet is never easy .

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks guys

We had expected Trouble to pass years ago. We adopted her with parvo when she was about 3 years old.

She was a good house dog. Hardly ever barked; at first we thought she couldn't!

Kinda wierd not having her sitting on the floor by us.

My wife was especially attched to Trouble. And now her mother is failing in Poland. My wife is a wreck right now.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
My wife was especially attched to Trouble. And now her mothing is failing in Poland. My wife is a wreck right now.

Well Then..... Please know that Prayers are being made as we speak, for your Family .

Deadly Sushi

The One, The Only, Sushi
SUPER Site Supporter
Awwww.... man :sad: My Polish friend I am extremly sorry. Thats just horrible. :neutral:
Is there something we can do? Can we send you a card or soemthing?

Im very very sorry man.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks all.

My wife is cooking to get her mind off of things. Must have 15 party platters made already. Potitca (a Slovenian thing - Sush, I'm Slovenian, my wife is Polish), cream puffs, cheese cake, coconut cookies, chocolate chip cookies (she tried something new - added a little cream cheese to the mix - mmmm good!), kolachki (sp?), and misc cookies. Evberybody in my family is getting fat this holiday!

Merry Christmas all!

And please be safe on New Year's Eve!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about that Fred. I lost my 14 year old best friend this spring and I still miss him. :(

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear this. I lost 2 dogs this year as well. The meds are not much good for anybody unless their pet has the same diagnosis as your pet did.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear of your loss Fred.

When Buddy got so ill, the Emergency Hospital gave us meds that had been returned from circumstances just like this. Check with them, or any local Universities and teaching hospitals.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Hi all

A vet on another site I lurk at (Teamspeed), suggested Michigan State University Veterinary Teaching College, provided a contact name and all, so That's where it will all be sent.

Thanks everybody for your kind thoughts!
Merry Chrtistmas

Fred

Cowboyjg

Country Club Member
Site Supporter
Sorry about your Pooch Fred. Even when expected it's not easy when it happens.

Glad you found an outlet for the meds. That stuff is not cheap whether it's animal or human. Is this something specific to the school? I would think that any Vet school could use donations like that.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'm sure they can use it. It is a big school, and fairly local. I'm in Michigan, and so are they. I'm sure they will use it before it expires. Most of it is less than a couple months old.​

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
You know what is funny?

We have a Yellow Nape Amazon (Poncho) and a Catalina Macaw (Frodo).

Poncho keeps going to the bottom of the cage, looking towards the area that Trouble used to "own", and Poncho is calling out "Trouble!"

Crazy.............

ps - I've been trying to get Poncho to say "Welcome aboard" and Poncho is finally starting to say it quietly. My wife said the other day when she came home and opened the door, Poncho greated her with welcome aboard!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
We have a friend in Panama City that has two parrots . He puts them in the shower and turns it on . They start singing Opera which he listens too all the time . I often wonder what his other neighbors in the building must think .:unsure:

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Our birds like showers too. Poncho especially.

Poncho is a talker

Says:

Poncho
Frodo
Trouble
Kevin
Close the door
Hello
Close the door asshole (we adopted this bird - we did not teach him this!)
Sings happy birthday
Nipper (po's dog) (sometimes whistles afterwards)
Joseph (PO's son)
Carlos (PO)
Diana (Pos daughter)
Where's Diane
Come here Joseph
What's that (whenever we give him food)
Welcome Aboard
Ma
Hi Mom
How are you
What's your name
Bye Bye see you later
sings for he's a jolly good fello
makes all kinds of different laughs
whistles
go to bed
any combination of the above

And then sometimes he antagonizes Frodo. Frodo is a cross between a Blue & Gold and a Scarlet. Can get very loud. So, Poncho will let out a little yelp. Then Frodo gets louder, then pocho, up until the point Frodo is screamin loud. Poncho screams "Shut up Frodo"

Frodo is limited:

Frodo
Hello
How are you
I don't know
Hi Mom
Screams Mom in a long drawn out way our son used to call my wife
laughs
used to cry just like a baby

Poncho is 30 yoa and Frodo is 25. Both will outlive us.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about Trouble Fred. :(

Your birds sound really cool. I had no idea they had such a long life span. :thumb:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Except for the little cockatiels every bird in my house will probably outlive me. 1 is 23 yrs now another is 16. Big birds can get to 70 yrs with good care and diet.

kitty

sorry to hear about your dog!!! u can have mine lol...tell ur wife i will pray for her mom!

lilnixon

AKA LILVIXEN
GOLD Site Supporter
Sorry to hear about Trouble, I am sure he and Mona are getting acquainted. Tell your wife we are praying for her Mom.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
When we adopted her from a private party that found her as a stray, my wife would always cook for her. She gave Trouble a doggy treat once in a while, but basically home cooked for the dog.

And once again everybody, thanks for your thoughts and kind words. It helps my wife most of all. She always said I was nuts for spending time on this site a nd a few others. Now she understands how good it can be. She thanks all of you!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I, too, want to extend my sincere condolences. If you wonder how much of an animal lover I am, "Dargo" is my oldest German Shepherd Dog's name. He was imported and came with that name. I know I could have changed it but, since we couldn't decide, we just stayed with it. My wife said "there, now you have your dog, happy?". Well, it's a bit much really, but we now have 4 dogs and one cat who actually sleeps (literally) on top of the black lab that adopted us. What a sight, a completely black dog with a pure white cat sleeping on top of it!

Clearly this isn't about any of my pets but about your loss. I just wanted to explain, like some others, that a lot of us here are big softies when it comes to our pets. Again, sorry to hear of your loss.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
one cat who actually sleeps (literally) on top of the black lab that adopted us. What a sight, a completely black dog with a pure white cat sleeping on top of it!

Would be neat to make a vid of that cat climbing up and laying down, and posting a link to the vid here!

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
Would be neat to make a vid of that cat climbing up and laying down, and posting a link to the vid here!

I only know how to put something on YouTube, barely. However, if I can ever keep from laughing and making a really wobbly video with my phone I think it would be good for a laugh. You all know how cats do their stretch and prance with their paws before they lay down. Well, he (the cat) does that and the dog looks like it's killing him but he tries to hold perfectly still until the cat settles. It's a hoot! :yum:

Heading south in an hour or two to visit my mom. I'll try to get the video when we get back.