• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Convertible freight trailer on skis project-Help

Snowy Rivers

The choice for using the UHMW is a good one.

That stuff is super slippery and wears like iron, and also will stand up to forays over gravel and other hard stuff.

I lined the Tubs on my rock rig before it ever had a load dumped in.

Great stuff.

I like the "brakes" sweet, easy and great use for an old sled belt that's seen better days

Here is a piccy of my rock rig.
You can see the Black poly starting about half way down the side of the truck tub.
3 pieces in there with a W pan that retains the pieces of poly and allows the tracks for the transfer to bolt in.

The rear tub was a real animal to get the plastic into.

We would cut it to length and width then roll it up with 2 come along's and then tie it in a roll, and then drag it up over the side.

BOBCAT AND TRACTOR SHOW.

I really like your trailer design with the extending draw bar.

Coaxing the 1/4" polymer into those big azz tubs was always a challenge for warm/hot days.

Attachments

• TRANSFER5.JPG
    TRANSFER5.JPG
    170.7 KB · Views: 178

mikemikelle

Finished up the wood sides, and took the cat/trailer to the Mt.Hood Snowflake adventure. The wood sides are VG Hemlock, stained grey, and now are awaiting spar varnish. Only remaining project is to wire up all the LED running lights. (Also built a new rock/spray shield for the ramp trailer to protect the cat. The trip to McCall caused a few blems)

20180422_162013.jpg

20180421_160033.jpg

Brought the trailer because I thought the grades up the hill would be milder. The past cats meow pics didn't do the slope justice. It was steeeep!

20180422_174613.jpg

Still was able to pull it all the way up without any trouble, and the temp gauge read the same as always.

20180422_175755.jpg

It works! Thanks to all that viewed, and special thanks to all whom made suggestions. The brake idea is perfect! If you look close, you can see the belts tucked under the skis for the Imp-ending downhill run!!

20180422_175804.jpg