• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How do I get out of an abusive relationship? Please help fast.

Angelface

I just want to make this simple and I am afraid to go anywhere else with it. But I can't deal with what I am dealing with anymore. Everyday that goes by it seems to be getting worse. I want out but I am sooo scared to do so. I know I have not posted here in awhile and sorry. But maybe I could get some advice on what to do. I don't wan't to attract a bunch of attention, but I am screaming on the inside. I need another option of getting out of this other than suicide. I don't know how much more I can take. Thank you for the help..

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
There are advocacy groups and organizations that can and will help you. Google it for your area. Talk to them.

Kane

There are advocacy groups and organizations that can and will help you. Google it for your area. Talk to them.
Indeed. Advocacy groups are wildly available and are ruthless when using the law to rid the abused of the abuser. They can be a powerful ally for someone in your situation.

Seek and ye shall find. Good luck and God bless.

Leni

Time to pack a few things if possible and run to the nearest police station. If you can't take anything with you then run anyhow. No possession is worth more abuse. The police can put you in touch with someone who can help you. A church or synagoge will also help.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Leave now. Drop everything and get out. If he is part of law enforcement go to a different branch. If he is a city cop go to the sherriff or State Police. If he is not in law enforcement then go to any one of them. They will help. Go to a neighbors house as far away as necessary and call for help. You need to act now. Go girl. God speed and may God bless you.

OhioTC18

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Like the others have said, get out NOW. Reading your previous posts he has escalated his controlling behavior. If it's not you it could be your daughter he abuses next. You don't want that.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I had an employee who had an abusive husband, she took it for a long time and then found a shelter that helped her out. She eventually volunteered at that shelter several years later.

I'd suggest you find a shelter, they often offer free counceling and a free room too. They can probably help you in ways that none of us can offer.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Angel, you brought this up before. You will get the same advice as before. don't walkaway,,,,run, leave, get away from him. No one who loves you would want anything but your happiness.
And no one who would hurt you, or put you in fear, is worth loving.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
For your sake and your daughter's, leave NOW!! Don't wait to pack, don't try to talk to him ... Just RUN!!!!

He doesn't love you; he doesn't know how. No matter how many times he says he's sorry and it won't happen again, it
will. You know that already. Get out and get some help, Please!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
For your sake and your daughter's, leave NOW!! Don't wait to pack, don't try to talk to him ... Just RUN!!!!

He doesn't love you; he doesn't know how. No matter how many times he says he's sorry and it won't happen again, it

What he said. Just do it NOW.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the ones who suggested shelters are right. they are filled with man hating women who will be more than happy to help you write up a protective order once they get done with him he will wished he was gay. The others are right you need to pack and go I have had my problems with family members in the past and never raised a hand for more than self defense. even than I only used enough force to gain control of the situation than used a stress position to maintain it with out causing harm to the individuals. just because you had a crappy day or drank too much ,to comer home and kiss the dog and beat the wife is bull shit. sounds like said individual needs anger management help or a pissed father in law.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
I don't know your situation but I'd seek some professional help about this. If it's physical abuse, talk to law enforcement.

Suicide is not an option. If you're even considering it, please contact resources available on this site.
http://www.overcomingthedarkness.com/otd_resources.html

This and what the others have said; leave now. There are many forms of abuse, physical as well as mental. Since I just went though this with my middle daughter, and fortunately did not seek my own form of justice, I know how bad the trapped feeling can get. I don't want to get into any details other than she is now away from him and she has a 2 year restraining order against him that forbids him from making any sort of contact with her or, with his previous record, he will go directly to jail. Please, act now.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Get out! Now! This is coming from personal experience. My fiancee was in an abusive relationship before. I see every day the damages it causes. One hit is one hit too many. You might say...but he doesn't hit. He just controls. Well controlling is emotional abuse. And emotional abuse is often worse than physical. It leaves internal scars that sometimes never heal. Do it for your sake and your child's.

Leni

Angel Face, it is up to you. We can advise all we want but you are the one who has to take action. I really hope that you do and like now, before he kills you or your child.

Mamamia

I just want to make this simple and I am afraid to go anywhere else with it. But I can't deal with what I am dealing with anymore. Everyday that goes by it seems to be getting worse. I want out but I am sooo scared to do so. I know I have not posted here in awhile and sorry. But maybe I could get some advice on what to do. I don't wan't to attract a bunch of attention, but I am screaming on the inside. I need another option of getting out of this other than suicide. I don't know how much more I can take. Thank you for the help..
You can use the net for hotline suicide assistance and or always check into the hospital and ALERT them you ARE suicidal...they would keep you as long as you keep saying this and till your thoughts calm down and a social service person walks you through the available assistance to you! I know how you feel! Most have been there or in a similar situation. YOU NEED to get out quick...without notifying the partner...and find a location that is very secure and/hidden till you can re establish your life. It may mean the diff between life and death. Don't underestimate abuse. O.J.s wife make that mistake and many others make it too.

Mamamia

AMEN AMEN Please hurry....and write a letter to police or family member/both letter them know where you are so someone can KNOW...but do this AFTER you have left and do it quickly. What kind of abuse...mental, emotional, physical, all....Please hurry pack and run!

Mamamia

Angel, you brought this up before. You will get the same advice as before. don't walkaway,,,,run, leave, get away from him. No one who loves you would want anything but your happiness.
And no one who would hurt you, or put you in fear, is worth loving.
NOW this I agree with one hundred percent...all but the beer part. but hey...if you can make it work my hats off to ya. 24 was not enough for me in a shorter time frame...chug a lug a lug.

Mamamia

Like the others have said, get out NOW. Reading your previous posts he has escalated his controlling behavior. If it's not you it could be your daughter he abuses next. You don't want that.
The daughter sees the abuse...SHE IS already being abused then by default but at what level...we don't know and it doesn't matter. It IS happening to her too and will continue to only get worse. Please LEAVE. YOU and YOUR daughter deserve a good person...and God will help you through this, as well as community. Keep on asking and you will receive. YES it will hurt your heart GREATLY. You can hurt now for a year...or hurt two for his time limits which if you lucky enough may be a life time of pain.

Helmsman38

Member Formerly Known As Kristi KT7
GOLD Site Supporter
Leave now. Drop everything and get out. If he is part of law enforcement go to a different branch. If he is a city cop go to the sherriff or State Police. If he is not in law enforcement then go to any one of them. They will help. Go to a neighbors house as far away as necessary and call for help. You need to act now. Go girl. God speed and may God bless you.

dido:ermm:

Kane

The axiom of shaky relationships:

A man accepts a woman believing she will never change; she does.
A woman accepts a man believing he will change; he never does.

It happens every time. Believe in it.

So like Leni says, take yer lumps and move on before it happens again. Because it will.