• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cooler heads should speak up

SShepherd

The Shameful Manipulation of Murder: Gun Control and Tyranny

http://www.thenewamerican.com/index...anipulation-of-murder-gun-control-and-tyranny

The ready availability of guns is no more responsible for this or any other such massacre then an all-you-can-eat buffet is responsible for obesity.
Temperate appeals to right reason will instruct the thoughtful person that a propensity for such an act is not born of opportunity, but of instability.
Let us not dishonor the memory of those killed and of the attempted assassination of Representative Giffords by allowing partisan fealty or the purposefully bellowed passions of faction to indict us on the Left or the Right as co-conspirators in the legicide of the Constitution.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I only heard one voice calling for a calm period but many were screaming for magazine bans etc.

Glink

Site Supporter
Maybe all governments are the same way. Whenever something bad happens, shooting, hurricane, tsunami, tornado, plane crash, it don't matter what; they feel like they need to do something, anything. As if you could really legislate the weather, common sense, kindness, morality, or sanity for that matter.

I am not sure if they want to make a show to appear to be doing something, or appear to be in charge, or what. Maybe it is simple frustration and desperation to help. (OK I am giving them too much credit on that) For sure some percentages of all reactions are political opportunism.

Such is the case with the call for new gun control laws. A lot of those folks have suffered a gun related loss and they seek closure I guess. Although I can feel for the hurt they have suffered, really no fact based logic comes from that angle; or for that matter from those who typically espouse it. That has been beaten to death. The argument is pretty much all emotional; and plays into the hands of those in government who feed on that emotion to garner power.

It may be just this simple. We live in a free society; as such we live with the inherent risks that come with that. You are always going to have the crazies and malcontents; and they are always going to do what they do. We would be well served to protect ourselves from such folks as best we can; and to steel, in advance, ourselves against the hurt they are going to cause. Because they will. We should not allow our emotions, and fears to overpower our logic, allowing those that would diminish our freedom to use those emotions against us.

As far as actions our government can take.

I really think they have done quite enough.

ki0ho

GOLD Site Supporter
Dam JEV.....I think we have found another one of our relation!!!!!

JEV

Mr. Congeniality
GOLD Site Supporter
Yep, the Ginkster nailed it. Tried to give some reps, but got to spread some around first.