• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Back up lights for M923

marchplumber

Site Supporter
I will be installing some 24v L.E.D. lights on the M923 soon to be used as back up lights. Had to do a vehicle recovery the other night during a snow storm and it was quite evident that back up lights would be quite nice. So, taking the hint from necessity I will be installing them as soon as they arrive via USPS. Somewhere right around 2,300 lumen. Should be bright enough. I am also thinkin of mounting a pair behind the bumper. Would drill bumper and mount some sort of light guard to protect them from rock and off road damage. Will post up picks if there is an interest.

God bless,
Tony

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You can't have too much light when backing up in the dark using mirrors. Pics when you are done.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I will be installing some 24v L.E.D. lights on the M923 soon to be used as back up lights . . .

. . . Will post up picks if there is an interest.

God bless,
Tony

There is ALWAYS interest in projects and posting photos would be greatly appreciated.

I think for back up lights its good to be bright, but the beam spread is also important. Too narrow of a beam pattern and the lights do little good. A wider beam pattern allows you to see some field of view around you in the darkness.

marchplumber

Site Supporter
If I am not mistaken, they are a 60 degree beam. Not very focused directionally, but broad and bright. I will post up pics of lights when they arrive. Then I'll do more when I get started on the project. Should be fairly simple. Will try to keep in clean and neat though, probably a safety covered toggle on the dash. Thanks Guys!

God bless,
Tony

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
there should be a port on the transmission to put in a pressure switch for normal back up function but that wont help if you also want to use them for work lights .

marchplumber

Site Supporter
Thanks Don! I really want these to be work/back up lights, so I will have them switched at the dash. I might put another set in and have them activate the way you suggested! Great idea! I hadn't thought of your suggestion. That way, I'd have both and wouldn't have to worry about "blinding" someone with reverse lights that are too bright. Thanks again.

God bless,
Tony

PS, Arrival date of lights is around the twentieth to twenty-fifth. Get the photos on here after that

marchplumber

Site Supporter
I am attempting to insert some photos of the lights, bear with me. LOL
embed
embed
embed

HOPE they come through. computer genius, I not be.

God bless,
Tony

Dang! Didn't come through. Assistance anyone? They are on "skydrive"

marchplumber

Site Supporter
:clap:Hope this one worked!

God bless,
Tony

Attachments

• LED light.jpg
    LED light.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 262
  • LED lights front and rear.jpg
    LED lights front and rear.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 266
  • LED lights.jpg
    LED lights.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 263

marchplumber

Site Supporter
I threw the Gerber Paraframe and the Gerber Diesel in there for size comparison. Now, wait for it to warm up outside so I can mount them on the truck. Doors on the out building are frozen shut, sooooooo can't do it inside like I would have preferred. With the nine internal LED's, I am hoping they will work pretty well for reverse/work lights. I have found out, they are sort of needed. LOL
God bless,
Tony