Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN

Go Back   Forums Forums - Off Topic Forum FUN > Snow Trac ST4, Kristi, Thiokol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier & Other Snowcat Discussions > ATA (Alaska Track Association) Forum

ATA (Alaska Track Association) Forum Forum to Keep members up to date on ATA plans, meetings and outings.

Old 03-09-2016, 02:10 PM
Bronze Member

SnowTrac Hunter is on a distinguished road
Default Snow Trac Suspension Advice

Thoughts on removing the old bogie-wheel/spring suspension, and replacing with torsion axles and bigger tires?

I am not a purist, just looking at functionality and ease of acquiring parts. Seems like it is hard to come by the old parts needed to maintain suspension as it currently is. Thankfully I was able to have help from Don and Steve this time around.

I have included a pic of the Snow Trac being sold in Fairbanks as an illustration.

Thoughts???
Attached Images

1964 ST4 #446
Old 03-09-2016, 05:36 PM
member formerly known as dds

Thanked 1,004 Times in 631 Posts
Snowtrac Nome is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Snow Trac Suspension Advice

I would not do it to any axle except to replace badly fatigued front rocker assembly's the ride quality will suffer if you get rid of the walking beam suspension used with the little bogies just drive a snow trac and a bombi you can feel the difference in your ass
Snow trac's Rule and Krustys Drool