• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Insurance for snow cats

firedzr

We're having difficulty acquiring insurance for aTucker snow cat. Liability for transporting friends, etc. the main concern. Must be "affordable". Any sugestions or experience? Thanks

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I registered mine as a snowmobile and had no issue getting insurance. Try Craig Robinson of integrity insurance and financial.
1afb1dd5b12c8ea27d59f344d476c755.jpg

4TrackCat

Site Supporter
I just checked with Craig and he reminded me that he is only licensed to insure folks in Washington, Oregon, Idaho and Arizona at this time.

firedzr

Thanks for the info and "pm".
Yep, I should have known about the California licensing. It's a tough place for insurance companies to do business.

I have been asking other folks here with snow-cats and it seems there is a great need for coverage of this sort. Most have them covered on their farm policy thinking t5hat is enough. But that does not cover liability nor use anywhere but on the farm, itself. So, in effect, they do not have coverage when they take it to the snow. In this "sue happy" world we live in, I'm not sure I want to take the risk of no liability coverage.

Anyone else in California that has a answer, please let me know!

Red130

Our regular insurance company (Farmers) won't even consider our snow cat. Snowmobile is no problem, but they want nothing to do with a snowcat. I was told they don't have enough data to understand the coverage risk.

firedzr

Thanks!
In my previous post, my reference to farm policy might easily be confusing. Farm policy is just that ~ farm/commercial/business (not to be confused with "Farmers Insurance" company).
Farm policies are usually broad in coverage due to the nature of farm machinery, hired employees, etc. But as I've found, these policies do not provide liability other than a employee/operator. Sad deal.
I did find a company that would write coverage for unusual equipment. The minimum premium was $1,000 per year. Ouch! Even for a very seasonal/minimal use item like a snow-cat.
Still looking as the snow is falling.....

firedzr

Feb 3rd.
Still "no-luck" with affordable insurance. The latest quote was $1,750 per year for liability for the recreational use of a snow-cat plus an additional; $1,500 for damage to the machine.

All you folks out there can't possibly be paying this kind of premium for the coverage on your machines.

Further assistance from this community is really appreciated.

Northcoast

GOLD Site Supporter
My cat is on my home owners policy(The Hartford). Covered on and off property along with snowmobile and atv.(liability only).