• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Nobel Luareate to Obama, "YOU ARE DEAD WRONG"

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Obama had so much support back in 2008. All for his oratory. He could have done anything, and he did.
What a waste

Nobel Prize Winning Scientist: Obama is “Dead Wrong” on Global Warming!

By Onan Coca

Dr. Ivar Giaever won the Nobel Prize in physics in 1973, then in 2008 he joined with over 70 other Nobel laureates in endorsing Obama for President, a decision he may now regret. Speaking at a Global Warming forum last week, Giaever denounced global warming fanaticism and mocked President Obama for claiming that climate change is the gravest threat we face today, saying the very idea was “ridiculous” before adding, “I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you’re wrong. Dead wrong.”
“I would say that basically global warming is a non-problem.”
Dr. Giaver resigned from the American Physical Society in 2011 after they released the following statement.
“The evidence is incontrovertible: Global warming is occurring. If no mitigating actions are taken, significant disruptions in the Earth’s physical and ecological systems, social systems, security and human health are likely to occur. We must reduce emissions of greenhouse gases beginning now.”

In his speech he discussed the following:
I resigned from the society in 2011. First: nothing in science is incontrovertible. Second: the “measured” average temperature increase in 100 years or so, is 0.8 Kelvin. Third: since the Physical Society claim it has become warmer, why is everything better than before? Forth: the maximum average temperature ever measured was in 1998, 17 years ago. When will we stop wasting money on alternative energy?

On the religion of Global Warming:
“Global warming really has become a new religion. Because you cannot discuss it. It’s not proper. It is like the Catholic Church.”
Giaever argued that there’s been no global warming for the last 17 years or so (based on satellite records), weather hasn’t gotten more extreme and that global temperature has only slightly risen — and that’s based on data being “fiddled” with by scientists, he said.

“When you have a theory and the theory does not agree with the experiment then you have to cut out the theory. You were wrong with the theory,” Giaever said.
On his concern that the UN will continue pushing climate change ideology:
“I am worried very much about the [UN] conference in Paris in November. I really worry about that. Because the [2009 UN] conference was in Copenhagen and that almost became a disaster but nothing got decided. But now I think that the people who are alarmist are in a very strong position.
The facts are that in the last 100 years we have measured the temperatures it has gone up .8 degrees and everything in the world has gotten better. So how can they say it’s going to get worse when we have the evidence? We live longer, better health, and better everything. But if it goes up another .8 degrees we are going to die I guess.
I would say that the global warming is basically a non-problem. Just leave it alone and it will take care of itself. It is almost very hard for me to understand why almost every government in Europe — except for Polish government — is worried about global warming. It must be politics.

So far we have left the world in better shape than when we arrived, and this will continue with one exception — we have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming. We have to do that or that may take us backwards. People think that is sustainable but it is not sustainable.”

Dr. Giaver is a perfect example of what happens when a scientist approaches a scientific issue without an agenda. We need more Dr. Giaver’s and fewer Al Gore’s.

Sponsored by RevContent

Kane

Barack Hussein Obama will go to any length to cement his legacy, most importantly the transfer of wealth from an oppressive, imperialistic western nation (America, specifically) to other more deserving nations.

And he now has only 17 more months to do it. Climate change (formally known as anthropological global warming - AGW) represents the perfect guise under which to transfer America's wealth to others more deserving.

Can an impudent Congress allow him to do so under the chicanery of more unconstitutional executive orders? We shall see. It will make for great teevee.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I was doing some research, and read that the warm winters in 1898 and 1899 (I think those were the years), were the precursor to a boom in mechanical refrigeration.

Seems the country depended on winter ice, and there was none.
Over 100 years ago it was so warm there wasn't ice.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
W/ both majorities the repubs should immediately start impeachment the next time he comes up w/ an executive order. They have no balls, so they wont.
Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was doing some research, and read that the warm winters in 1898 and 1899 (I think those were the years), were the precursor to a boom in mechanical refrigeration.

Seems the country depended on winter ice, and there was none.
Over 100 years ago it was so warm there wasn't ice.

I think your right on there Fred. Near me there is a small lake, and once upon a time they used to cut ice from it for the U.P. rail road's ice house in the near by local town. Kept the ice in a building with 2' thick cork walls. They used it on "ice box" rail cars hauling meat and produce.

There was a time about then I believe, there was no ice for a couple of years. I read this in a small museum on the site..

Regards, Kirk

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
I read a report this last week where a group of solar scientists in Britain have predicted that the sun's activity will drop by a significant percentage in 15 years or so, about 2030, and plunge the world into a mini ice age or Maunder Minimum that will last at least 30 years.

Pick your scientist and choose the "facts" you want to believe or you could just say that you don't know, and neither does anybody else, and let it go at that.

At my age I have a lot of things I need to worry about, actually not too many, but Global Warming certainly isn't one of them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...w-model-of-the-suns-cycle-shows-10382400.html

I posted the above link but there are plenty more if you want to Google "Mini Ice Age coming".

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I read a report this last week where a group of solar scientists in Britain have predicted that the sun's activity will drop by a significant percentage in 15 years or so, about 2030, and plunge the world into a mini ice age or Maunder Minimum that will last at least 30 years.

Pick your scientist and choose the "facts" you want to believe or you could just say that you don't know, and neither does anybody else, and let it go at that.

At my age I have a lot of things I need to worry about, actually not too many, but Global Warming certainly isn't one of them.

http://www.independent.co.uk/enviro...w-model-of-the-suns-cycle-shows-10382400.html

I posted the above link but there are plenty more if you want to Google "Mini Ice Age coming".

Yes. According to the deniers, some with PHD's BTW, we are entering a solar minimum and therefore a mini Ice Age similar to the one which began about 1770 and ended 1820's. Still the UN counsels us that we must change our behavior to modify the planet such that it doesn't burn up in a steamy cloud of CO2.

As I have stated many times, mankind cannot control the climate. Hell we cannot even make it rain on purpose.
rolleye0011.gif

The idea that mankind could somehow steer the climate beyond the forces of the Sun, Moon and related physics is akin to a cockroach climbing up an Elephant's leg with rape on his mind.
rolleye0011.gif