• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
?

Keep it up there.
Lol
It's very windy here.
We're supposed to get maybe an inch or so.
The wind picked up this afternoon. We were at -1 Celsius before. Now we're at -15 and dropping. The snow picked up again. Couple more inches since I finished plowing. I just went to fill a few gas cans for the plow truck and snowmobiles.

They announced locally that all road maintenance will cease at 8pm and resume again at 4am. So the roads will be a mess by the time I go to get our son from work at 10 tonight.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
It's still very windy here.
My son Jeff just recently got home (Defiance) from taking my granddaughter to PA and said the traffic was crazy.
I've been on that evil Facebook having a nice time.
Avoiding politics.
Having fun exchanges with family and friends.
Welcome back there Lenny.
Now stay out of jail.
Zuck is watching you.
?

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
My son Jeff just recently got home (Defiance) from taking my granddaughter to PA and said the traffic was crazy.
Avoiding politics.
Now stay out of jail.
Zuck is watching you.
?
Thanks. I get in trouble for the same things others post. They are really watching me because I am a conservative and very involved with politics. I'm sure glad there is a lawsuit against FAKEbook.
Windy here too. About one inch of snow.

Ironman

Avoiding politics.
Now stay out of jail.
Zuck is watching you.
?
Lenny? I think I did time last week with a guy named Lenny . :mrgreen:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks. I get in trouble for the same things others post. They are really watching me because I am a conservative and very involved with politics. I'm sure glad there is a lawsuit against FAKEbook.
That's why I never SHARE things others post.
I never share much what others post political.
I comment down in the hidden valley where it gets lost except for very few seeing it.
Half the time I get missed.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I had to go out at 9 to pick up my son from work. Speed limit is 80km. I was doing 40 the whole way. It's 15km round trip. I figured we got another foot of snow since lunchtime. The local municipality handles all plowing on the rural roads and announced earlier that they were suspending plowing at 8 and starting again at 4am. So only an hour after suspending plowing the roads were crap. Deck was bare yesterday.
20201223_215249.jpg

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I had to go out at 9 to pick up my son from work. Speed limit is 80km. I was doing 40 the whole way. It's 15km round trip. I figured we got another foot of snow since lunchtime. The local municipality handles all plowing on the rural roads and announced earlier that they were suspending plowing at 8 and starting again at 4am. So only an hour after suspending plowing the roads were crap. Deck was bare yesterday. View attachment 132959
From the 30%F drop in temp and sounds of the wind outside, that storm may be coming here tonight. But we aren't supposed to get accumulations.

It was 61%F here today.

What a change. But, the ground is too warm for any snow to stick.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I headed out to clean up some snow around the garage and trailers with the snowblower. I had to move the snowmobiles to clear where they sit so I took one for a ride.
20201226_120021.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Headed out snowmobiling with a buddy today in the hills an hour and a half drive away. Always wanted to get out there and spend the day exploring. There's a pipeline running through the area that makes for great sledding. It's in a bit of a snow belt of weather coming up over lake superior, hitting the hills then dumping a wack of snow.
20201228_112600.jpg
20201228_112612.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spending part of the day at the hospital getting a bunch of x-rays done after drinking 2 glasses of liquid chalk. At least I don't have to spend the night like I did 5 years ago.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Packing up the pick up truck and moving some stuff out of my garage into my daughter's new apartment in Chicago. Hopefully a short day, just a few hours up there, then coming home. Tomorrow we repeat the process.

Cold today, but clear. Rain/snow tomorrow. So my plan is to pile the truck as full as possible today. Move as much as possible today. Tomorrow we will keep everything 'under cover' in the back, spend time doing some interior work, hanging drapes, etc.

I have a large moving van rented for Jan 3/4 to haul the furniture. So today & tomorrow is boxes.

Last edited:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just got home about an hour ago.

Drapery hung, some furniture was assembled, lots of boxes moved, most of those were unpacked.

Tomorrow we are due to get freezing rain/snow so I turned up the heater in the workshop and plan to do some painting and staining, but no box or furniture moving.

I'm sore. Arthritis sucks. Took 3 extra-strength Tylenol before driving home. Took a prescription painkiller as soon as I walked into the house.

Now I have a small bourbon sitting next to me and a heated blanked over my shoulders. Too sore to reach over and pick up the bourbon glass.

The lovely Mrs_Bob, Melen & foster baby Kobe are on their way home. After I carried 70% of the boxes up to the 2nd floor apartment and did the manly "Tim the tool man" work that needed to be accomplished, I departed. They should be here within the hour, hopefully with a bunch of Chinese food from the local carry out.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Kid and Russian gf up from Florida. He wants to go to the Air Zoo in Kalamazoo, seems they are open, so we'll go there. Then drive to South Bend or Michigan City so we can go to a restaurant since the mean Mrs. Gretch in Lansing shut the dam state down.
Kev gave me an actual gunners hand book for a B29 from WWII for Christmas. Awesome.

m1west

GOLD Site Supporter
Slept in until 7 this morning, went to bed early but when the fireworks started around here at around 11 the dog started barking and didn't end until 1. Whatever its twice a year and I'm sure folks were having fun, especially after 2020. I don't have any fire works, but was tempted to join in with 45-70. The only thing that stopped me was the thought of cleaning the gun after the fun.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Ice storm this morning.
Of course I moved the tractor outside before the ice. I wanted more room for priming and painting some chairs. Baby fell asleep on top of me so a full sheet of ice covered the tractor before he woke up. Went out to get it moved back inside and the battery died. So I was soaked through to my undershorts, jumpstarting the tractor to get it back inside.​

Rain storm at lunch.
Working with a partially opened garage door and a 3M respirator I got the chairs mostly painted without getting any of the bright blue paint onto the big tractor. But I can't say the same about the lawn tractor. :cry:

Just a guess, but I'm thinking flaming balls of fire will be falling from the sky by dinner.
I do plan to finish the painting of the chairs before the world ends.​

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Took down the Christmas tree last night. Earlier than most years but,,,; It was getting very dry.

Today I'll set it in the garden and use it to feed treats to the birds.

Rain and sleet here so not much outside work. I'll be inside wiring the new shop extension on the garage. This is suppose to be MY space to use as I want but last night the senior supervisor of my life had some "suggestions." So it is a toss up between a 6" deep shelf unit on the north wall or sex.

My choice of course.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Made a dump run. Normally not a big deal. But today my back decided to give out. When I got home, I hobbled into the house and went to lay down for a few minutes which turned into 2 hours before I could stand again. Cleared some snow off the deck to access the bbq. Steaks for supper.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My tree is still up and will remain there until Wednesday (Epiphany).
I had a wild start to the day that has slowed down.
Might go out to grab a bite to eat in a while.
Yea, we generally do that as well. But by Wednesday this one would have self combusted. Front room looks empty without it

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Ours stays up till Wednesday too. I'm soo ready to be rid of all the decorations. I really struggle with the whole Christmas thing lately as it has lost it's meaning and purpose. With everyone scared to say "merry Christmas" and instead saying "happy holidays" so as not to offend anyone and places being attacked in social media for displaying a nativity scene!?!?!? Hello! It's a Christian holiday where people come together to celebrate the birth of Christ. Somehow the mention of Jesus associated with Christmas has become offensive. It's all about "chaching chaching" for the stores. It's become way too commercialized and has lost it's meaning. That's my rant for the day. Lol

I'm headed to the city this morning to play the livestream children's church service. Nothing much else planned.

The guberment has decided to extend the Christmas break so to speak by forcing everyone to homeschool for the next week because of covid. So they layed out a framework where each student must complete 220 minutes of online learning every day. Not sure how that will work with 6 kids and very slow internet that barely has the strength to support one zoom call for 20 minutes without cutting out. So the kids will be home at least for this week. We already let the schools know about the internet situation and not to be surprised if the kids can't get online.

Status
Not open for further replies.