• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Spryte 1301 Brake Cable

Well this weekend I broke the emergency brake cable on BALTO. The swaged end broke off right at the lever / linkage connection to the cable. Any advice on how to replace / repair would be real helpful. Thanks

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
This is a bit of work, but I have been know to shorten the casing and recrimp the end back on.

Provided you have the old crimp/swage. drill or punch the old cable out.
Nip the casing off a bit to get some length.
Smooth everything back out.
Crimp.

Hope.

Necessity is the mother of invention.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm not sure what it is like but some of the larger boat places make heavy cables.
jim

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
find a morse cable vendor take the old one off have them build up a new one that will move freely

Thanks dds-
I trust you have a stash of fuel in case those boyz don't get through the ice soon...remember Jack Daniels will freeze at about 27 below so keep it in a cooler for insulation.
I'll have to pull the old cable out of the sheath, measure and make a replacement, then hope I can re-insert in the sheath (because the sheath makes a penetration into motor compartment and then out to the drive train enclosure that runs back to the OC-4...remember this is a 1301 amphibious machine and everything is sealed / water tight)...
I'll try Morse cable once I get the old one out.
cheers