• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

New user- HOWDY!

201spryte

Hello Everybody- Thought I would say "hello" and share a few pics of my 1963 Thiokol Spryte 201.

Got out for the first time this season on tuesday - headed up to Signal Peak outside Globe, AZ

Are there any other 201 owners on this forum?

tuesday.jpg

signalpeak.jpg

KRDE.jpg

AAUTOFAB1

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Very nice spryte! did you restore it ? love the color too.and welcome to the forums, more pics please.............:a1:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Nice looking cat.

The dog is cute as well.

When I think of AZ I think of snow birds from WI in scottsdale sunning themselves.

Welcome

shopman

Very, Very Nice! Some nice custom upgrades... Probably a 201 out there somewhere, but many Thiokol cats of all kinds and a lot of expertise...

Great looking snow and views - envious of the snow, need some of it here!

Welcome - looks like you have a great job to give us some great pics while you're out... and maybe videos!

201spryte

Thanks for the warm welcome!
I bought my 201 a little over 3 years ago. The guys I bought it from got it at a govt auction and did the bulk of the restoration as a hobby and for access to their cabin in the winter. The county started to plow their road and they no longer needed the little cat. Around that time I was working out of a snowmobile (poorly) and was looking for an upgrade. I was just about to drive up to Idaho to buy a cat when they listed it to sell. Kind of wierd to find a cat in my own backyard of Phoenix AZ. Since then I have been working on upgrades to improve relyability and functionality. Funny thing is now that I've had a cat for a couple years I cant figure out how I did my job without it- so much so that I am looking for another one! Guess I got the bug.

Then-
old2.jpg

old1.jpg

Now-
spryte201-1.jpg

Mainer

Boggie likes our museum
SUPER Site Supporter
Hello Everybody- Thought I would say "hello" and share a few pics of my 1963 Thiokol Spryte 201.

Got out for the first time this season on tuesday - headed up to Signal Peak outside Globe, AZ

I saw and posted this one when it was up for sale. A real beauty! I thought one of the other members was going to buy it...so you lucked out! :clap:
Congrats & Welcome!

Mtn-Track

That's a pretty cool little cat! Nice job and welcome to FF.

Now, on with the rules. First, Rusty has no business over here so feel free to bash him 'just for fun'. Second, Big Al is the Kristi guru, so feel free to make fun of his bathtubs! Three, we're suckers for pictures so post as many of your cat as you can, especially with that view!:brows:

pooreds

I own a model 201, just finishing putting it back together. Will post pics soon! I do have questions, your drive sprockets look different than mine. Are those original? thanks

201spryte

As far as I know the black sproket is original and the yellow one is a copy that was made from the original. I would have to look back over the recepts I got in the file to find out who did the copy. Post some pics!- would love to see another 201!

pooreds

We finally made it to the snow (snow is missing). Seems to run and steer great, got a few rattles to deal with. it is a '62 serial #23

Attachments

• snow cat.jpg
    snow cat.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 509

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I own a model 201, just finishing putting it back together. Will post pics soon! I do have questions, your drive sprockets look different than mine. Are those original? thanks

Nice Machine..... Your drive sprocket looks different than what I have
we have one new original and now we have a mold built for that style but
could you post a picture of your sprocket it is hard to see in the front profile

pooreds

Pic of my sprocket, looks different than other model 201 sprytes I've seen on the internet. My rubber is weather checked on the sprocket face and may not last through the spring. I don't feel like paying Fall Line 800 bucks to make them urethane coated.

Attachments

• spryte spkt.jpg
    spryte spkt.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 449

201spryte

Gonna try this again- had posted a pic of my 201 sproket just before the lights went out in server town.

Pooreds had posted a pretty nice shot of his interior which is gone now too :hammer:

sprocket2.jpg

pooreds

re-posted interior pic. Like I said before, I had no idea what and where the original gauges were. This is what I came up with.

Attachments

• new dash.jpg
    new dash.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 216

Jimf

I just bought a 201 and will start is break down next week. Any information would be apperciated.

pooreds

I am brand new to this! Mine seems to be running fine now, it was a pile of crap when I bought it. I had no help at all. Let me if you have any questions.