• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Holy Crap ! I'm ready to pull the plug !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
:unsure:Man the stock market is nuts !! I have seen a 30% loss in Stock values two months . I either need to tie my ass to a computer and become a day trader or dump it . The part that amazes me is the stocks I own are in super good shape with lots of assets.
For example , my bank stock , that my father built and started , is one of the Top 5 in the US . Yet it is sliding down with the poor performing ones ! This is nuts !!!

The Dividends are continueing to roll in at the same rate and amount but the stocks will take a hard hit if I decide to dump them .

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Al, I didn't pull out fast enough but I've been 90+% out of the market for months. I pulled most of my money out BEFORE my trip to the UK last summer. Still lost a bundle. I've been playing with gold for the past couple months. Its been very good to me. I've been buying on dips, selling near the peaks. Right now I am looking to hold what I have and wish I had more, and I am hoping for another dip.

I put in stop orders that trail the increases so I protect my gains. It works for me. Right now there is no real safe harbor in the market, gold is not a safe harbor but it is working for investors RIGHT NOW. Not sure how long that will hold, but for now it works.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
The stocks will rebound in time, as long as the dividends continue to roll in, there is no problem. My portfolio is down about 27% since the peak that they had last summer. I am concerned, but not overly worried. The average dividend yield on my main account is up to close to twelve per cent.

I am just thankful that it is in a IRA rather than a 201K.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Yea, I've been pretty badly beat up in the last 6 months. I started to get out when this whole subprime thing first surfaced and then nothing happened. And I waited and I waited and I waited and still nothing so I started to move back in and guess what? :shitHitFan:

Strange to think that 18 months ago I was enjoying a very, very comfortable retirement and now I may have to go get a job .... for the wife. Lazy bugger won't help out at all. :biggrin: Still, we've been through all this before, many times, and it's always made a comeback (please, please, please). It's just that this time I may not live long enough to see it.

Obama is going to save me though. Soc Sec starts in May and wife in December. :whistling: Let the good times roll.

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
The stocks will rebound in time, as long as the dividends continue to roll in, there is no problem. My portfolio is down about 27% since the peak that they had last summer. I am concerned, but not overly worried. The average dividend yield on my main account is up to close to twelve per cent.

When I posted earlier, my account was down considerably at the time, closed up just a bit at the end of the day. Now only down 24% since the peak. There has been some real roller coaster days, down one day, up the next and days like today.

The IRA is now comparable to a 207K.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter

Yep ! I have one that is paying 12+% dividend . The per share price is down and I talked with my broker and he seems to think it will continue to pay dividends at my original investment price . I hope he is right !!!

Use to be Comm . Real Estate or good stocks were always a "no brainer" but now its a real mess .I keep thinking Gold is bound to burst its bubble any day ,but it continues to prove me wrong .