• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Bogy Wheels for a Spryte

Stephen Holmes

I have a 1972 Spryte to rebuild with mix match bogy wheels. Other than for esthetics, does it matter (steel over cast) which ones are preferable? There are two cast wheels on each side. Were cast wheels stock? If cast are available (considering price) where do I go? If not, where do I go for steel wheels? I have other questions for parts on the Spryte so any source of knowledge is appreciated. I am shooting for this spring to start disassembly. No pictures at this time to share.

It is fairly common to see steel wheels and cast wheels used together. The cast are factory and replaced the steel ones. The cast are used on the front and rear locations typically as they are stronger. There are several generations of cast wheels as they kept making the webbing and hub area thicker to reduce cracking. You could place an ad in the classified section and see if anyone has them for sale. I see them pop up at auctions from time to time also. I have also seen cats with standard automotive white spoked rims of the same size.

Dr. Zaugg

I will have a batch of them this summer! I plan to part out a couple of cats. If you like, you can catch up later!
Paul

catservice

I have a bunch of the cast ones available. Most of them have worthless tires mounted on them, so you need new tires. New they cost $450. I have been selling mine at $200. Let me know if I can help.