• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

I am no investment Guru !

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
But I was bought up to spend carefully . Shy away from credit cards and save for a rainy day . I did that .

AS it is with most people , When I was younger I dreamed of having my home free and clear . I had always heard and had been told that once your home is paid for the next one comes easy . I believed that and still do .

I was also told that no one would ever be as wealthy as some of the super rich were back when I was a kid . I did not believe that and still don't .

I always hope to someday look back and see a net worth of a Million plus in my credit report . That was my measuring stick to how I was doing in life . Now I look back and most folks have that and a lot more . A million ain't worth a lot anymore .

I sometimes wonder where my kids will be someday in their net worth . Its almost scary the way cost keep going up .

Remember when Bubble Gum was 2 cents ? Those were the days!!!!

jpr62902

Jeanclaude Spam Banhammer
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, debt free is the way to be, baby! I love my much simpler lifestyle and the freedoms it affords me, including reducing my stress levels immensely.

Now if could just get that investing thing down ....

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Yup, debt free is the way to be, baby! I love my much simpler lifestyle and the freedoms it affords me, including reducing my stress levels immensely.

Now if could just get that investing thing down ....

I think it is "less investing" and "more saving" that works for me . I do ok on my stock Portfolio but I still like solid investments in real estate . I just traded stock for a nice ranch today . I can actually enjoy the ranch and not have to worry about it going up or down in value . I bought at the right price . I'll add it to my acreage of the main ranch and let it grow in value over many years . I may never see the returns but my kids will .