• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

anyone interested in old british bikes

bill w

i was gonna post this in for sale items,but a friend of mine has an old bsa bike fixing to be ready for sale....it is actually an alaskan barn find...it is getting new stock carbs and a new battery to run as new..he is going to market it on craigslist,but i told him i would put it on here for him too..he also has an old norton commando that was in the same place...it also has very low miles on it...anyone??????these bikes are as new,except for thirty years of dust....i'll have the exact models soon...pm me for first dibs if anything strikes your fancy....these bikes will not be cheap,but will be very affordable to the right collector..in my opinion,both need to be in a museum...they are that original,and stock...Bill w

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I had an old Norton 750, sold it after two years and then got an 850. They were nice bikes but the clutches on them both were a bitch to pull. If I had the money right now I would be interested in the Norton Commando. If he ever posts a picture of it let me know.

murph

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Wowee Bill, you made me go digging around in the photo album. :D

This is a pic of a pic taken with my camera..

My father in law John, my late hubby Steve (on the back of the bike as a wee lad)-- and my mother in law Betty.

Daddy John always talked about a bike called an Indian.

Don't know if this is one or not, but the man talked about them ALL the time.

2010-03-13 23-39-02.837.jpg

bill w

yeah pg...indians are the find of the century...if you had that bike now it would mean you would never work again...these are not that rare...but still very good finds..thcri...i'm calling him now..about the norton...Bill w

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You're not alone. This post had me digging for a photo of me on my Royal Enfield circa 1969 and I can't find it !!!!!! :hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I still have a 1970 Triumph Trophy 500 trials bike.

Doesn't run and the lights don't work ( thanks, Lucas ) but it looks nice.

Those sound real nice, Bill. Hope you'll post pictures.