• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Anyone else here love old Japanese Motorcycles?

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Beside me? My love for them is legendary, in my own mind that is. :yum: The early to mid Japanese 70's bikes were the best made motorcycles in the world for their time. The best of that, IMHO were the Kawasaki 2 stroke triples and the Z1 900 (The first true super bike.)

Here is a 1975 Kawasaki 750 H2C triple in BRAND NEW CONDITION!!! 1.7 MILES ON THE CLOCK. Unbelievable!

My riding days are behind me but this baby would sure look great in my garage. :yum::yum::yum:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Kawas...ash=item5460d47fe8:g:em8AAOSwofdbYE79&vxp=mtr

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
one is parked in my hay barn .I think the carbs are froze the throttle cable doesn't move.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
one is parked in my hay barn .I think the carbs are froze the throttle cable doesn't move.

I take it is safe to say she hasn't been cranked over in a day or two either. :yum:

Barn finds are priceless. Yes, the carbs are froze. As with any carbs that have sat for years, a total rebuild is a must. NOS parts for those Mikuni carbs are hard to find but if one is rebuilding for a rider then after market parts are top quality and Japanese made.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a 1982 Kawasaki Specter 1100 in my garage.
It runs Ok, but I only put maybe 100 miles/year on it. I love to ride it when I am good and sweaty on a hot day. I only ride it on secondary paved roads near my home. I don't trust other drivers in cars. Paranoid I am, as several years ago I lost 3 friends in motorcycle accidents.

Love the sound of the 4 cylinder engine.. :thumbup:

Regards, Kirk

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I got this about 4 years ago from a guy who kept it unused in his cabin. I got it for it engine but relisted it was to nice to tear apart. I dug it out of my barn for a party we had last july. I rode it one time. 85 110 honda I don't think my back could handle them anymore
DSC00850.jpg

DSC00851.jpg

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
sorry,just realized it isn't a motorcycle and to late to remove.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Beside me? My love for them is legendary, in my own mind that is. :yum: The early to mid Japanese 70's bikes were the best made motorcycles in the world for their time. The best of that, IMHO were the Kawasaki 2 stroke triples and the Z1 900 (The first true super bike.)

Here is a 1975 Kawasaki 750 H2C triple in BRAND NEW CONDITION!!! 1.7 MILES ON THE CLOCK. Unbelievable!

My riding days are behind me but this baby would sure look great in my garage. :yum::yum::yum:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1975-Kawas...ash=item5460d47fe8:g:em8AAOSwofdbYE79&vxp=mtr

My BIL had one of those super Kawa's Great bike. When his wife made him lose it,,,;I had it for a year or so

I also had a 450 Kawa. '76 super fast short wheelbase widow maker.

But my favorite old Jap bike was a Suzuki 185 commuter.

Low pipes, highway bar, full fairing and a High bar on the back seat with saddlebags. Top speed of 75 MPH if you could find a semi going that fast to get behind. I used it when I worked downtown some 35 mile away. Summer, winter, fall, spring...;It was like riding a chainsaw to work everyday.

That Kawa on E-bay for $20K????? That is a bit more than it cost new. Like 10 times what one sold for in '75.

Last edited: