• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

SANJAYA GONE FROM IDOL!!!!!!

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
Yeah, didn't care much for him and thought others should have stayed longer than him.

murph

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've honestly never watched Idol. What's a sanjaya?
Ditto on the show. Never watched it and never had the desire to see it.

But my sister-in-law and daughter talk about that sanjaya guy. I'm gathering he is talentless.

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
He was entertaining. He'll probably end up being an entertainer. For 17 he held his composure well, and did well with the attention. He could not sing.
Some web site started up with the goal of making some people stay longer on AI than they should have. I saw the guy who runs the website in an interview and he said he started this back in the 2nd year of Idol. (How long ago that was I've no clue). He wasn't sure they were having a real affect on the voting until this year when this same guy was a guest on Howard Sterns show. Stern liked the idea and got many of his listeners to jump on the bandwagon. The goal is not to get the no talent singers to win, but to see how long they can keep them on.
I have seen one complete AI show and parts of another. Both of those were this year. I'm not a fan and have never been moved to vote ... but I was surprised at the talent shown. I used to think AI winners were semi talented folks who got lucky, after watching I think AI is the hardest possible audition for any wanna be to go through. Others just have to convince one studio to sign them and they are on their way. These folks have to do it over and over again and listen to jerks like Simon critique them over and over again.

elsmitro

floppy member
I haven’t watched for at least a couple of weeks. I don’t really care for any of the contestants this go round. But, now that sanjaya is gone I ‘might’ try to watch it again this season.

JayC

Huh?
I don't watch American Idol as I have no interest in it whatsoever. The only way I know about this Sanjaya guy was on the news. I guess for the Idol diehard fans, this could be a good thing.

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
I reallly only watch it if I have nothing to do. And if I have nothing to do I still don't watch it unless it is on when I walk through the house, then I will sit and watch it.

Sanjaya was poor from the get go. As one other person said this whole go around this year is poor.

murph

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Thank God he is gone. Some very talented people left before him that I feel should still be there. It pisses me off that Howard Stern pulled the stunt he did. I will never listen to that S.O.B. Again because of what he did. I feel he possibly took a chance away from some young people. BUT thank God Sanjia whatever is gone he just sucked!

XeVfTEUtaAqJHTqq

Master of Distraction
Staff member
SUPER Site Supporter
Soon as all the hot chicks were gone there was no longer a reason to watch that show.:toilet:

The only thing that saves Dancing with the Stars is that the women dancers are hotter than the women contestants.:5boobs:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I've never watched the show. Never heard of sanjaya until this thread.

It pisses me off that Howard Stern pulled the stunt he did.
I did hear there's consideration for a lawsuit against Stern for tampering or interfering or something like that.

I also heard AI fans and such are striking back against Stern by lobbying Congress to stop the merger between Sirius and XM since Stern's a lot of his compensation is tied up in stock. If the merger doesn't happen, they say it could cost Stern millions.

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Sometimes not much talent! Its an OK show. My wife likes to watch it. I kinda got into it because of a few contestants I liked. They are gone now and I just go and get on the comp. when the show comes on now.

ImInnocent

I don't watch American Idol as I have no interest in it whatsoever. The only way I know about this Sanjaya guy was on the news. I guess for the Idol diehard fans, this could be a good thing.

OMG. JayC -- your cat icon thingee is hillarious!