• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

front end loader help no hair left

jpowell

Koyker 155 front end loader the rear lift arms lift fast and strong do not bleed down front in loader once it's up does not bleed down curl works perfect however the lift is very slow and weak if I place the bucket flat on the ground and curled down the lift arms come up it will not lift the tractor off the ground I've checked hoses no leaks change filter everything looks good nobody has time to work on a call Yorker lifter around here or won't help me diagnose the problem any ideas before I Drive it off and dump it in the pond

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hydraulic pump sounds like it may be shot?

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
You need to get a gauge and find out where pressure test ports are located. It could be a pressure relief valve.
Mike

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Koyker 155 front end loader the rear lift arms lift fast and strong do not bleed down front in loader once it's up does not bleed down curl works perfect however the lift is very slow and weak if I place the bucket flat on the ground and curled down the lift arms come up it will not lift the tractor off the ground I've checked hoses no leaks change filter everything looks good nobody has time to work on a call Yorker lifter around here or won't help me diagnose the problem any ideas before I Drive it off and dump it in the pond
sounds like a control valve problem maybe an o-ring in it. do you have direct controls or a pilot pressure system

jpowell

I swapped the curl and lift at the controls. Curl still.worked and lift still did not. Direct . Was going to to get a Guage but not real sure how to do it.

jpowell

Oh and if I lift the rear lift arms and leave them engaged it kinda bogs the tractoe down and the lift will lift perfect and fast but still won't pick up the front tires

grizzer

really really bad question but did you cross the hoses when attaching?

Loading the engine means the pressure relief valve is bypassing.

jpowell

No double checked. The rear lift arms are electronic controlled. Leaving the lever up is when it loads the pump

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
If you lift it up in the air and leave it, does it settle back down by itself? If so you could have a bad seal in you cylinder.

Dmorency

GOLD Site Supporter
When I asked if it settled, I meant over time , like maybe 20-30 minutes. I really think its your seals. Can you still left heavy loads?
You say when you curl your bucket you push your left cylinder up and not your machine?
To me that looks like the oil is bypassing your seals in the back of your cylinders. You maybe had a bad seal in one cylinder for some time ,but never noticed, then your other cylinder gave out.