• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Looks like I’m outside a little longer. Spraying weeds in the front pasture.

Anyone need spiney pigweed, FREE , PICK YOUR OWN!

UGH! Spiny Pigweed. It can be hard on the young in's. Get that out before the calves and lambs come.

Back in the fifties there were few if any herbicides for it so, as the little kids on the farm, we walked the pastures and dug it up.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
UGH! Spiny Pigweed. It can be hard on the young in's. Get that out before the calves and lambs come.

Back in the fifties there were few if any herbicides for it so, as the little kids on the farm, we walked the pastures and dug it up.

We use Gordon’s Pasture Pro. Seems to do a good job. Problem this time is the pump on the sprayer quit before I got to this pasture a few weeks ago. We had a LOT of rain and the pigweed went wild while I was waiting on a dry day to spray :(

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
So Aimee and I went grocery shopping.
What was supposed to be an estimated 2 weeks of food stuffs and all the other things we needed came to $212.57 :yum:
She was like Mom! I've never spent that much.
I should have said "hold my beer". Lol

So we carried all those bags in up a flight of stairs, put everything away then she showered and is crashed out on the sofa watching a movie.
I had a missed call from work.
They want me to do 6a-2p this weekend which is fine with me.
:clap:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
This is my speed boat. Another project I don't have time for! 119_2739 (2).jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Finally finished installing the new seats in the boat yesterday. Also greased, changed the oil, and washed/waxed the side by side. It's ready for hunting season that starts next week. Our oldest son is now legal to hunt this year after taking the hunters safety course.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Right now I'm doing this.
20180907_074701-614x614.jpg

Then it's laundry later, then a walk downtown.
There is a little store that sells fresh baked goods, vegs, herbs, vegan and vegetarian.
Seasons Eatings.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to work this morning and wasn't even on the schedule?
This gal at the desk says hi!
You're on today?
Uhh yes, as far as I know?
Apparently prn every other weekend means just that.
Embarrassed.
:smileywac

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Sooo, I'd considered going to church, but no.
Aimee is playing cards next door this afternoon with Gigi and some other ladies.
I'm going to go visit Jeff and Kasey.
It's blah and rainy again too.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Came home from camp and went to work in the back yard for a few hours. Our yard kinda resembled a mullet. All prim and proper in the front and a party in the back.

Bamby

So you is in the back yard exercising with a few "cold ones" as weights. It's a coco type of day here hasn't even made it to 60 today

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Went to work this morning and wasn't even on the schedule?
This gal at the desk says hi!
You're on today?
Uhh yes, as far as I know?
Apparently prn every other weekend means just that.
Embarrassed.
:smileywac

As the owner, I always show up every day at 6:45 AM to mange a production crew for an eight hour day.. More than once no one shows, and I wonder if it's maybe the week end and I missed the memo.:hammer:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
I've done that for appointments. Showed up for physio and was told my appointment was like 4 hours later.

Back to regular routine this morning. My wife was off the whole month of August and started back this morning. I had to dust the cobwebs off my morning routine of getting all 7 kids ready for school. Not a big deal. After 3 kids, it's just another bowl of cereal in the morning.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
As the owner, I always show up every day at 6:45 AM to mange a production crew for an eight hour day.. More than once no one shows, and I wonder if it's maybe the week end and I missed the memo.:hammer:
I guess every other weekend doesn't mean both days if you're on prn.
Hopefully I'll be full time soon.
It's not like I'm broke or struggling.
I've been smart with my money since I've moved, sold the old place and kept a separate account for retirement, plus I get my pension from the U.K.
I AM working the night shift this Thursday.
I don't like it but it's the way it is.

Today it's cool again and rainy.
Later I'm going with Aimee to Defiance to look at a Chevy Cruze she's wanting to lease.
Then I'll see about seeing my babies if the lazy one doesn't bitch about it.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
PG, Feeling Better? Raining here, just working today. It was cool enough to do some yard work Sunday. Ripping out Bull Briars climbing up the house.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
So far today I went to every place in the city that sells bbq's looking for a replacement for ours. The drip pan underneath the burners on ours rotted out. With no luck finding a new bbq and unable to find a replacement drip pan, I headed to the kitchen and raided the baking sheets for our 2 old crappy ones. The bbq is fixed.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
A trip to the DMV where I waited an hour. The lady sitting next to me keeps adding more money to her parking meter via cell phone. You can do that, I asked? She just looks at me and chuckles, well yeah. I asked her what type of phone she has that you can just add quarters in it. Trust me, the joke was wasted on her. How do these people go through life with little to no sense of humor. :yum::yum:

Now the remnants of tropical storm Gordon is moving in for a few days which puts my outdoor work on hold.

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter

Around here the No Shows get Let Go!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I got to see my girls, although Aimee had to stay in the car.
She took a walk over to the dam since it had been a while since she had been there.
I visited for an hour and it was nice, but sad at the same time.
Again, Maddie asked me not to go back to my house, you can stay here.:wub::cry:
Elaina wouldn't let me put her down.
Didn't get to see Ty at all.

The car Aimee wants is a maybe, she wants to look around more.
We went for Chinese after.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Couple of appointments today. Taking the older girls to a concert tonight. It's a surprise. I've already seen the band 3 times. Twice here and once in August in Duluth Minnesota at the two day concert we went to. They are quickly becoming one of the top Christian bands in Canada. Great show with lots of energy. The Color.
5c97d759df91da96900404a93070712d.jpg
5276f6bbfba0ce1b3687f6881165108e.jpg
37e09df6d24557cd9c0153760faa7c69.jpg

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I have an implant called a VNS https://us.livanova.cyberonics.com/learn-in my chest. It sends a signal that somewhat controls my seizures.

Every few years the battery needs to be changed as it runs out of power.
So I had and appointment to see a surgeon. I was kind of nervous because I had looked the guy up online and half the people said that he was a real a jerk.One said that he was like Jekyll and Hyde.

Since I can't drive my sister took me. I had transposed the office number in my head and had written it down wrong in a little notebook I had with me.

We had to be there 30 minutes early. We got to the parking garage about on time (we thought) for her to park and to walk over to his office.

Naturally the parking lot was packed.

The place is really laid out strange. The parking garage is separate from the office building. The only way to get over to the building is to either go down and cross a kind of driveway in front of cars. The driveway leads to the ramp that goes up to the garage. So its difficult to get by.
The other way, (which is the way that the designer obviously designed people to use) is to cross over is on a kind of covered pedestrian bridge about mid-level of the building .
So unless one is parked on the same level as the bridge they have to go up or down on a really small elevator. One of the elevators was broken (there are only two). So we had to wait for the elevator to either come up or down from a level. (I think there or six or eight levels), or go over and out a door to a narrow stairway; (with the hot Phoenix sun beating down on it). We decided to go out and use that rather than wait for the elevator. My poor sister has really bad back problems but up we went (or maybe It was down). Anyway we got to the level I thought I was supposed to be on. Took a really weird designed hall that went around and around. (The G.D. place is like a maze). Every time we saw somebody that looked like they worked there we asked if they knew where the hell we were supposed to go. The Mexican janitor we saw only spoke Spanish. The white janitor we saw was scary looking like he had just got out of prison. He said he didn't have a clue. We finally found where I thought I needed to be. Instead of where I needed to be it was something like a VD clinic.
So we went back out and start asking anyone we saw if they had a clue where the doctor's office was. Of course they were as lost as we were.
I got out my notebook (as we were walking along) to look up the doctor's office and say we were lost, and ask for help. Of course I had only written down the address not the phone number.
We had seen a sign about security cameras being in use. I said that there has to be a security guard somewhere, (having been one I know that they aren't as big an a-holes as people might think). So we went down to try to find a lobby or someplace to ask around. We finally got an elevator down. Luckily as soon as we got out we saw a guard he knew right where we had to be and told us the Dr.'s office number etc. Then we saw an elevator open. Then it closed. I was behind my sister. I said why the hell didn't she get on? She said that it was packed. Desperate I said that we should have thrown people out if need be. Finally we got up to the right level. We got lost again on the maze hallway. Found another no-nothing janitor that looked like any ex-con.

We finally found the office real late from the check in time.

Got there and they gave me a stack of paperwork. I was taking so long that finally one of the receptionist came over to help out. Fortunately she was really nice. (She must be used to brain scrambled epilepsy patients.)
I finally get in - really nervous because I had read online that this Dr. could be a real a-hole. On the way we had to pass by a guy laying on the floor groaning (there were nurses with him).

We got in and just got in before the Dr. came in. This Dr. also works as a spine surgeon. So he had a skeleton (small model). My sister started turning it around to show me where she had had some back surgery. So I'm trying to keep my voice down but saying to quit messing with the guy's skeleton.
Just then the Dr. (that lots of people) said was an a-hole walks in to see her messing with his skeleton
And of course the guy was . . . really nice!
If you find this long and confusing well it sure as hell was! Luckily I had got the good Dr. Jekyll part of him.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Around here the No Shows get Let Go!

The labor pool here is pretty vacant. Un-employment is well below the national average. It's very hard to find replacements quickly.

Most of our employees are working moms,, many are special needs, SSI or handicapped. Part of our mission is to provide employment for the hardship cases. For some, we are a first step back into the workforce.

Now that we use E-verify, the Mexicans stay away. The lazy don't come so, unless an individual gets excessive absenteeism we live with it. It is our mission to re-program them to be better. But it can be problematic.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lol that was funny, Cat.
Hmm today is a dental appt.
Then a swing by the Amish market to see if they have any Hof Haus hams.

Status
Not open for further replies.