• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catavenger

SUPER Site Supporter
I went to my neurologist. He told me I'm running low on juice. Battery in the VNS gizmo I have implanted that helps (not completely unfortunately) control my epileptic seizures is getting low. https://us.livanova.cyberonics.com/
I need a replacement.

Hate to be powerless. Because that would mean I would have more seizures and fewer corny puns.

Danang Sailor

nullius in verba
GOLD Site Supporter
Yay, you loaded pix!
Lol

Interesting first day!
This place is much the same as the one I had worked prior.
Nice staff, sweet residents and patients that I've met throughout the day.
The set up and routine is pretty much the same.
They like me!
Back on another day of orientation tomorrow, tho I think I got it lol

I took a lunch break at McDonald's but could have come home for that.
It's all good!
:thumbup:
Of course they like you ... they're old, not crazy!! :yum: :flowers:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We have a lot of new contracts going through. Tough deadlines, so everybody needs to be onboard at station Yet every day, I have at least two out.

When that happens me and the secretary have to fill in.

By chance a former employee stopped by looking for work. 20 years ago a sweet child who let drugs and a hard life get the best of her. Still, I hired her on the spot.

Glad I did. Inside she is still a sweet kid and all my lines are running today. I hope she stays on.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
You're a good man, Franc.
:smile:
Zeke, I have several pair of glasses.
Lol

Day 2 down, one to go.
I'll be doing this weekend 2nd shift.
I got a little something to put my stuff in, my old tote had seen better days.

20180820_185325-595x463-446x347.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Colonoscopy tomorrow!!!!

I drank 4 pints of that Gavilyte solution over 2 hours starting at 5 o'clock. I thought that it wasn't going to work but after 2-1/2 hours all hell broke lose. I haven't strayed far from the toilet ever since. I've got to do another 4 pints tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait. :bolt:

I'm starving!!!!!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
To boldly go where no man has gone before.....

Back to the grind for me. I have a day full of appointments. At some point I have to pick up more construction materials for the outdoor kitchen at camp.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Colonoscopy tomorrow!!!!

I drank 4 pints of that Gavilyte solution over 2 hours starting at 5 o'clock. I thought that it wasn't going to work but after 2-1/2 hours all hell broke lose. I haven't strayed far from the toilet ever since. I've got to do another 4 pints tomorrow morning. I can hardly wait. :bolt:

I'm starving!!!!!
Frank,

I did thank you for that useful information but,,,; I'm really not sure why?:yum:

zekeusa

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Colonoscopy tomorrow!!!!

I'm starving!!!!!

Ouch!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Day 3 is over!
Now it's official.
I'll be on my own this weekend on the floor with my 12 rezzies and aides.
:thumbup:

Came home, took a shower, made a bunch of phone calls, made dinner for myself and Aimee.
Then noisy George the neighbour knocks on the door with fry pies from the fair.
Thanks!

20180822_183604-614x545.jpg

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
What is it about a colonoscopy that makes other guys laugh and crack jokes???? :boxing: :wink: :yum: How about a little compassion here!

Anyway, all is good. I don't have to go through that again for another 5 years. Thank God!!!! The actual procedure isn't bad, you're asleep through the whole thing, but the prep for it is sheer hell.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm all abuzz from the fry pie and caffeine.
Only thing I'm doing today is go purchase new scrubs.
We wear either navy blue or light blue.
I'll have to go to Defiance and hit up the store behind the new hospital.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
I have two ton of wood pellets arriving today so I should be a busy boy. The muggies have taken a break so the weather sounds like a great day to work outside. Lugging two tons will be my big chore for the day. After that, a nap will be in order. :thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I have two ton of wood pellets arriving today so I should be a busy boy. The muggies have taken a break so the weather sounds like a great day to work outside. Lugging two tons will be my big chore for the day. After that, a nap will be in order. :thumbup:
Yes! It's going to be nice and cool here for a few days.
I'd open the windows and turn the air off, but the city traffic noise drives me mad.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife is in bed with a kidney infection. If she does respond to the medication I'll be putting her in Hospital tonite.

She is supposed to take our Grandson back to CT next week so he can start school. I may have to do that.

My three no shows made it to work today, yippee! Except that three of my fulltime regulars did not. :unsure: :hammer: And the beat goes on.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
The wife is in bed with a kidney infection. If she does respond to the medication I'll be putting her in Hospital tonite.

She is supposed to take our Grandson back to CT next week so he can start school. I may have to do that.

My three no shows made it to work today, yippee! Except that three of my fulltime regulars did not. :unsure: :hammer: And the beat goes on.

Correction.....if she Doesn't respond,,,,

I just went home to check and she is better,,,,, so far.
'Later today a flipper is coming by dad's house to review it and place a bid.

I would love to flip this house myself but I am busy, selling moving and installing parts of our business which consumes much of my day. Worse, despite the hot seller's market, with the 2nd mortgage dad had on the place, the margins would be tighter than my time.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
getting my tresses their trim-- my dear pal may not take to that so well-- dammit-- shaving 1/2 ur hair away takes effort--

Status
Not open for further replies.