• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

General James "Mad Dog" Mattis' 10 Best Quotes

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
1. “I don’t lose any sleep at night over the potential for failure. I cannot even spell the word.”

2. “The first time you blow someone away is not an insignificant event. That said, there are some assholes in the world that just need to be shot.”

3. “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you fuck with me, I’ll kill you all.”

4. “Find the enemy that wants to end this experiment (in American democracy) and kill every one of them until they’re so sick of the killing that they leave us and our freedoms intact.”

5. “Marines don’t know how to spell the word defeat.”

6. “Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.”

7. “The most important six inches on the battlefield is between your ears.”

8. “You are part of the world’s most feared and trusted force. Engage your brain before you engage your weapon.”

9. “There are hunters and there are victims. By your discipline, cunning, obedience and alertness, you will decide if you are a hunter or a victim.”

10. “No war is over until the enemy says it’s over. We may think it over, we may declare it over, but in fact, the enemy gets a vote.”

Av8r3400

Gone Flyin'
If this is true, which I doubt, it sure doesn't inspire confidence in a person who should be a high ranking administrative official.

These aren't quotes one should be proud of.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Bullshit.

Look up General Mattis if you care to, which I doubt you do and find out for yourself what kind of man he is. Sounds to me you have no idea. Not sure what type of Defense Secretary the #NeverTrumpers would be all in a lather over for SECDEF, but for myself I would prefer one with a set of balls.

I'm proud of every one of those quotes.

Maybe he would have something to say about 10 US Navy Sailors on their knees with their hands behind their heads held at gunpoint, besides I am sorry, it won't happen again Mr. Iranians sir.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Saw this on another forum today

http://www.txdevildog.com/a-general-mattis-christmas-story/

A General Mattis Christmas Story

A couple of months ago, when I told General Krulak, the former Commandant of the Marine Corps, now the chair of the Naval Academy Board of Visitors, that we were having General Mattis speak this evening, he said, “Let me tell you a Jim Mattis story.”

General Krulak said, when he was Commandant of the Marine Corps, every year, starting about a week before Christmas, he and his wife would bake hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of Christmas cookies. They would package them in small bundles. Then on Christmas day, he would load his vehicle.

At about 4 a.m., General Krulak would drive himself to every Marine guard post in the Washington-Annapolis-Baltimore area and deliver a small package of Christmas cookies to whatever Marines were pulling guard duty that day. He said that one year, he had gone down to Quantico as one of his stops to deliver Christmas cookies to the Marines on guard duty.

He went to the command center and gave a package to the lance corporal who was on duty.

He asked, “Who’s the officer of the day?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it’s Brigadier General Mattis.” And General Krulak said, “No, no, no. I know who General Mattis is. I mean, who’s the officer of the day today, Christmas day?”

The lance corporal, feeling a little anxious, said, “Sir, it is Brigadier General Mattis.”

General Krulak said that, about that time, he spotted in the back room a cot, or a daybed. He said, “No, Lance Corporal. Who slept in that bed last night?” The lance corporal said, “Sir, it was Brigadier General Mattis.”

About that time, General Krulak said that General Mattis came in, in a duty uniform with a sword, and General Krulak said, “Jim, what are you doing here on Christmas day? Why do you have duty?”

General Mattis told him that the young officer who was scheduled to have duty on Christmas day had a family, and General Mattis decided it was better for the young officer to spend Christmas Day with his family, and so he chose to have duty on Christmas Day.

General Krulak said, “That’s the kind of officer that Jim Mattis is.”

The story above was told by Dr. Albert C. Pierce, the Director of the Center for the Study of Professional Military Ethics at The United States Naval Academy. He was introducing General James Mattis who gave a lecture on Ethical Challenges in Contemporary Conflict in the spring of 2006. This was taken from the transcript of that lecture.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
And the limp stick has surrounded himself with more limp sticks!! I think "mad dog" is who we need heading up the DoD.
Mike
:whistling:

If you look closely at Av8r3400's analogy you can see the mistake he made.

Each of mad Dogs Quotations are just saying "Walk softly and carry a big stick" in 10 different ways.

Yes, he is what we need in our government. A mission driven commander who feels for his Troops and the Country he serves and protects.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

tinbender

Hardly ever post here, usually in the snow machine area. But I have 2 sons that are Marines , they are out now , but once a Marine always a Marine.

My younger son served as a Captain in an intelligence capacity in Iraq, and told me the other evening he once had dinner with Mad Dog. Everything he had to say about him was past good. He was very impressed. Thought Mad Dog was a good choice.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
When I read quotes like those in the OP, I am reminded of George Patton. When, after one of his outrageous statements, one of his officers asked, "But General, you really don't believe that, do you??". His answer was, "It's not important what I believe. What's important is what they (his men) think I believe".

So when I read quotes from a General, I always take them in that context.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Hardly ever post here, usually in the snow machine area. But I have 2 sons that are Marines , they are out now , but once a Marine always a Marine.

My younger son served as a Captain in an intelligence capacity in Iraq, and told me the other evening he once had dinner with Mad Dog. Everything he had to say about him was past good. He was very impressed. Thought Mad Dog was a good choice.

Well, your opinions are valued as are your sons. Your boys are great Americans and heroes for serving.

mla2ofus

GOLD Site Supporter
I think mad dog is the type to tell any enemy, " If you can't respect me you better try to kill me".
Mike