• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow Trac'n Nome web page

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Thanks Bob I'm not very active either, it did look like a good way to promote my activity's up here. I normally just use face book to keep track of the kids .

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
thanks I don't know what all this like stuff is about I think is has something about how it comes up when it is searched.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
thanks I don't know what all this like stuff is about I think is has something about how it comes up when it is searched.

I will tell you that if you can get up to 100 "likes" for your page then you get some additional administrative features for your page. Its not a big deal, but it gives a bit more control/flexibility to you as the administrator of the page.

One thing I would suggest, when I helped to build up the Snowcat Forums here (along with BigAl and others!), and with my work on the local high school's fencing page, the thing you want to do is make sure the page is constantly changing. Don't upload everything all at one time. Put up a couple things on Monday, then put up something else on Wednesday, then some more on Friday . . .

If the page doesn't change then there is no reason for people to come back to it and/or contribute to it. So you need to do some work to build it up.

Right now I feel pretty confident that I could walk away from my own Snowcat Forum pages and they would continue to be popular among private snowcat owners for a long time to come. But it literally took THOUSANDS of posts to get to this point and now the Snowcat Forums area of the FORUMS FORUMS website is the most popular private snowcat website in the world. Your Facebook page can be popular in its own right, but you need to follow the lead we took here.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
He Don, Your kids do a nice job on there. " you should pay them"

One word of caution on Face book.

In less than 10minutes I figured out...
That you have a family.
Wesleys has a job
ect ect ect.

Face book excells at free exposure. but remember that Exposure is yours to control.

Me liking your page is important for you, because the people in my world will have a link to your world for a brief period of time. as the river of social media continues to flow, activity on the link will be fainter; unless (like bob states) you dribble a little content into the stream.

Have fun with it.
thats intent.

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
of course you already knew about mini me and I will be dribbling a little more into it as time go's by we may have a month left of snow cat season.