• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Happy Friday to you all.
Today I shall go wash the car, then do some shopping.
I was roused from my slumber this morn by Superman and number 1 grand bug serenading me on Facebook messenger.
Screen shot!
:yum:
20190322_084557-757x540.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
We are in the middle of a nor'easter dumping a crap load of heavy wet snow. Wind is blowing at a good clip so I am staying close to the fort today.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
We are in the middle of a nor'easter dumping a crap load of heavy wet snow. Wind is blowing at a good clip so I am staying close to the fort today.
Between the liberals and the weather one wonders why people chose to live there. But then it is beautiful country.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter

Breezy here today and not so bad temperature wise.
Hmmm I'm wondering if we're going to be able to see the Northern Lights?
The weatherman said possibly tonight, better chance tomorrow night for us Buckeyes.
We shall see.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Brought in "Heaven Scent" pastries for the crew today. Most expensive in the county and clearly the most tasty.

…...they earned it!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
1 - The lovely Mrs_Bob and her sister are :17875: to Albuquerque, NM. They left today at 6am and are planning to stop in Elk City, Oklahoma. Hopefully before dark. Their brother has all of the family belongings in storage and by all, I mean ALL the stuff from their late parent's home. Clothes, dishes, furniture, scraps of paper, broken pencils, etc. They are planning to sort through everything, donate a bunch of it to charity shops, save the stuff that has real value or has some sentimental value. The stuff they are saving will go into a smaller storage locker, a few things will come home in the back of the truck.

So I've been texting back and forth with them on their travel progress.

2 - Dasha's plane landed in Boston about 90 minuets ago. She is now checked into a hotel room. She was worried they would not let her check into the hotel without an adult (over 18 year old) present while she was checking in. Her mom will be in Boston later this evening. Dasha had been texting me about the check in process, turned out they didn't give her any problems.

She will be visiting M.I.T. and Harvard. Then taking a train to visit YALE. Then taking a train to visit Columbia and New York University.

3 - I wired up a new LED floodlight :idea: in the dog yard. We had a compact fluorescent fixture up there for the past decade but it didn't do well in the cold weather and it didn't throw light very far. Did a nice job of area lighting but not much more than that. The cost to replace the 3 bulbs was almost as expensive as the cost of a 'discontinued' model LED flood lamp so I just replaced the whole fixture.

4 - Waiting to hear from Melen about a job with Cummins Diesel. Probably waiting until mid-next week. She had second interview with them on Thursday. The job is down to her and 1 other candidate. We all are hoping she gets it. If not she will accept the job from CISCO Systems in California. Really hoping she doesn't have to move to California. Really really hoping that doesn't happen. I know it would be a great opportunity and a nice entry into the legal departments of any company in the tech industry, but California is such a :censored:.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I cleaned the apartment like a mad woman.
Broke my old record of 2 hrs.
Walked across town since the weather is lovely.
I don't know about the rest of the day.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Waiting to hear from Melenabout a job with Cummins Diesel. Probably waiting until mid-next week. She had second interview with them on Thursday. The job is down to her and 1 other candidate. We all are hoping she gets it. If not she will accept the job from CISCO Systems in California. Really hoping she doesn't have to move to California. Really really hoping that doesn't happen. I know it would be a great opportunity and a nice entry into the legal departments of any company in the tech industry, but California is such a :censored:.

Bob, either would be fine with us as long as she lets us use her employee discount! :hide:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The lovely Mrs_Bob is in a hotel in Elk City, arrived about14 hours after departing our house. She will have a much shorter drive tomorrow and will arrive in Albuquerque shortly after lunch.

Dasha’s mom arrived in Boston a short while ago.

The new LED floodlight works great!!! About 250% brighter and throws light much farther than the old CF light.

Bob, either would be fine with us as long as she lets us use her employee discount! :hide:

Lol

I think I’d spend more $ on Cummins Diesel products than CISCO equipment.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I’ve enjoyed the day just watching my favorite news sites.

All the usual suspects have done exactly what I expected!

Now getting ready for tomorrow and the morning talk shows.

Attachments

• 0E9E3936-F9EC-4C91-BB77-3AB638244431.jpeg
    0E9E3936-F9EC-4C91-BB77-3AB638244431.jpeg
    73.3 KB · Views: 70

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Lemme see..
Church, dinner out with the divine Ms. T, I'll drop in this afternoon and surprise the grandies.
:smile:

nixon

Boned
GOLD Site Supporter
Good Morning ! Gonna swap out the winter tires for the 3 season tires ,and install a VCM delete on Jan’s Pilot .

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
The floor guy finally said it was okay to move stuff back in to the house. We'll be moving furniture from the Pod in the driveway inside all day. I've got to clean floor vents and reinstall them. There are still doors stacked against the newly painted walls. We'll see.

It does mean that we will be able to move back in early next week. We've been living in the motorhome in the driveway for the past week. It's not much of a hardship really. I will need to drive it to the Civic Center and dump the tanks. I was going to do it today but the schedule got rearranged and there is a big rally at the Civic Center and the place is full. I like to dump my crap in private. :smile:

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
The Grizwald's in the driveway :yum:

We've been living in the motorhome in the driveway for the past week.

I will need to drive it to the Civic Center and dump the tanks. I was going to do it today but the schedule got rearranged and there is a big rally at the Civic Center and the place is full. I like to dump my crap in private. :smile:

Didn't cousin Eddie Grizwald just dump it down the sewer?

131123-Castle-Noel-National-Lampoons-A-Christmas-Vacation-Cousin-Eddies-motorhome.jpg

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Started a new pain med. Zzzzz. Soo tired. Had physio this morning. Scouts tonight.

We tried a new method of therapy on the back using suction cups and lotion to help them stick. It felt great. Total opposite of what we've been doing for 3 years.

Canadian eh!!!

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Looked at a couple houses this morning as possible “flip” homes. Might bid on one of them.

Back and forth with Dasha on the phone and texting while she and her mom are visiting MIT.

Sitting at the cigar lounge now catching up with the guys here. No reason to head home anytime soon. Enjoying the cigar and the conversation.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Feeling a bit under the weather today. Had a dental cleaning this morning which I did not want to go to, but embraced the suck and went anyway.

Now, shopping for N Scale railroad cars on eBay. Put in a few bids. My luck has not been too good lately.

Melensdad

Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter

Now, shopping for N Scale railroad cars on eBay. Put in a few bids. My luck has not been too good lately.

Sorry you are not feeling well.

I used to play with N scale. Now I have mostly 1 Gauge Marklin stuff. Love it but it takes up too much room. Only bring it out at Christmas time because we don't have room for a permanent layout.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter

I used to play with N scale. Now I have mostly 1 Gauge Marklin stuff. Love it but it takes up too much room. Only bring it out at Christmas time because we don't have room for a permanent layout.

Thank you Bob. Oh, I will survive. Slept lousy last night, then woke up with a headache. No big deal.

Marklin stuff is great quality stuff right there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter

I'd like to get into the model railroad stuff too but we just don't have the room now. Maybe when the kids are grown

Canadian eh!!!

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
My son and I had an HO set 8' X 8' in dad's place across the street. All packed up now as dad's place is for sale.

The son lives in a apartment and my place if fully finished. What used to be the "Train Room" is now my Granddaughter's bedroom. I'd have to give up the pool table to go back to the hobby.

Uh- No!

Maybe when he gets a house.

His son is 13 and would be a good age for that hobby. But he is more into computer games.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
We're shopping for a 5 bedroom house with more room to move inside on the outskirts of the city. We need that many rooms for the kids. But as they get older and leave the nest, the bedrooms will be repurposed for other uses. She wants a designated "sewing" room. I want a music room to display and play all my guitars. One room could be a train room.

Not doing much today. Just a meeting with our adoption worker soon. I'm still feeling the effects of the new medication I started. I had to stop it as I can barely keep my eyes open and have extreme dizziness

Canadian eh!!!

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Well, we're still not back living in the house. The floor guy is back today to fix some blemishes, mainly minute bubbles in the sealant in some places. Ordered new floor registers yesterday. They take 4 weeks to arrive.

Can't get in to the Civic Center to dump the tanks until tomorrow. That's when the rally breaks up. You've never seen so many big, expensive Class "A" rigs in your life. Tens of millions of dollars parked there.

If the wind stays down, today will be a spraying day. Gotta try and kill some of the weeds and junk grass. It may be beyond reclaiming though.

Jim_S

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
If the wind stays down, today will be a spraying day. Gotta try and kill some of the weeds and junk grass. It may be beyond reclaiming though.

Full time job here too. Acres of weeds with a few blades of grass here and there. :hammer:

I do have a 65 gallon 3 point pto boom sprayer and a 25 gallon tow behind sprayer in the arsenal.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
Spent last night sleeping. I should have been studying for my Medical exam tests today. Seeing the Doctor for my annual physical. I did fast.

After my illness two weeks ago, I'm quite well and fit so I should pass , right?

Still have some Firewood to move. And a 96 foot long wood fence to take down in the very back. I'll do more on that each evening this week. Plans are to rebuild next week, weather permitting. There is a lot of brush and tree libs in the way which has to be cleared out.

This is a board on board "good Neighbor" fence with 1 X 8's planks alternating on each side. Six feet high.

Not easy and not cheap.

But they last 20-25 years and look great. Privacy when you are sitting but one can see through them when walking by.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Darn Franc, You and I seem to be about in the same position. I just finished taking down the old wooden board fence between the house and the pasture. I kind of like the open look to the lake so I don't know if I'll replace it, certainly not this year. I have sections of the rest of the fence around the place torn down and I'll get around to replacing it soon. The work never seems to go away only it takes me longer to get it done these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.