• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

What are you doing today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
For my first colonoscopy I thought I can't eat again till after the procedure so I better load up. So I did. OMG what an idiot I am!!!

OMG yes you were an idiot!

TR have fun tomorrow.

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
OMG yes you were an idiot!

TR have fun tomorrow.

:yum: Thanx. You mean tomorrow is going to be even more fun then today? :th_lmao:

I just mixed up the concoction of Miralax and GatorAde. Sick bastard who dreamt that up. I start that ordeal at 4:00 drinking a quart in an hour. Then I have a reprieve until 8:00 when I get to do it again. I may have to move the TV into the downstairs bath which I am well on the way of making inhospitable.:yum:

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Spent the afternoon watching local ice racing on the shore of lake superior with the sleeping giant in the background.
3be1f96d4cbe2e351ce3304052faee16.jpg
10901797002c853813f44fe62ccfb084.jpg

Canadian eh!!!

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Tomorrow (Monday) a few of us have a meeting with the Iowa Governor to talk about getting a Veteran court in the Council Bluffs area and how to help homeless Veterans. About 10 inches of snow on the ground but the roads should be okay....130 miles each way.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
We had a slight dusting of snow here.
Nothing to get worked up over.

Here's Superman with the ugly hairless cat, Cleo.
:yum:

received_395556901010069.jpg

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I stayed up fairly late last night finishing up a 5 part documentary on the Menendez murders.
Seems like that all happened just yesterday.

Nothing planned today that is thrilling.
Unless you consider laundry thrilling.
:smile:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Colonoscopy this morning. Uneventful. A cocktail dose of sedatives, including a bit of Fentanyl saw to that. Came back to the land of the living just in time to finish up. Home by noon, ate and hit the rack.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
Today at the governor's office. I felt she listened and was motivated enough to go forward with a local Veteran's Court and maybe state-wide too. We also gave her some ideas on how to help homeless Veterans. Lt. Gov. Adam Gregg is in the picture too on the right. Me just to to the right of her. By the way, at least two of us are carrying guns and yes, it is legal since we have permits.

Governor's Office 3.jpg

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Today at the governor's office. I felt she listened and was motivated enough to go forward with a local Veteran's Court and maybe state-wide too. We also gave her some ideas on how to help homeless Veterans. Lt. Gov. Adam Gregg is in the picture too on the right. Me just to to the right of her. By the way, at least two of us are carrying guns and yes, it is legal since we have permits.

View attachment 110354

Looking good Lenny!! Kudos and I admire your hard work and dedication to stay right after these politicians. :thumbup::clap:

tiredretired

The Old Salt
SUPER Site Supporter
Feeling better this morning. Sun shining, storm coming and I better get moving and amount to something today.

Just not sure what. :yum:

A happy day to all here. :thumbup:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
What Butch said about Lenny :smile:

It's bright and sunny this morning, gorgeous day ahead.
That's all going to change tonight as we have another crappy weather system moving in.
Snow, ice ...grrrr

I've some errands today in both Defiance and Liberty Center.
That's about it.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
I'm getting the old truck ready for the trip to Connecticut on Thursday. Oil and filter changes. The Box trailer needs a lot of work. Tires and brake pads for sure and bearing repacking. I'm letting the garage guys do all the trailer work and getting the rotors turned as well.

At 72 I'm getting lazy or smart? Lazy works for me.

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
What Butch said about Lenny :smile:

It's bright and sunny this morning, gorgeous day ahead.
That's all going to change tonight as we have another crappy weather system moving in.
Snow, ice ...grrrr

I've some errands today in both Defiance and Liberty Center.
That's about it.

Get rid of that snow and ice, please! I'm coming through Ohio this Thursday.:hammer:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Doing nothing again. It's raining and it's cold. It's supposed to be rainy, drizzly and damp the rest of the week.

Got worked outside some on Sunday. Got all my running around done yesterday. It's shaping up to be a day of coffee drinking, reading and playing on the Internet.

Lenny

SUPER Site Supporter
I'm taking my car in for some routine services. I'll have my smart phone with me so I'll check it from there.

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
No appointments today. Yay. Went to pick up the truck and return the rental. Didn't do much else. I'm hurting from the drive yesterday. I had a terrible flare up last night that stopped me dead in my tracks. Thankfully I had a cane with me to hold me up. My loving wife had to help me make it to the bedroom to lay down.

Canadian eh!!!

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
That Bill Hicks documentary is awesome.
What a guy, what a life he had that ended far too soon.
I'm an early bird today.
Superman sonny boy had me up late as well showing me his newly purchased BMW.
This is the same kid who told me Mother! you don't need a new car (I was eyeballing a black Buick Lacrosse).
:yum:

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
After another night sleeping in my chair I should be back in my own bed tonight. The painters finished the master bedroom and bathroom late last night but the smell of the paint made it impossible to sleep there.

The rain actually stopped but only for today. We're not supposed to see the sun until Sunday or Monday.

Already got the trash done and down to the gate. For lunch, it's going to be Wings Wednesday at Cowburners … and a beer. Getting a haircut and beard trim at 2:30. Then I'm taking Gypsy, the East Texas yellow dog, to the vet for her annual check up. That's always a treat. Really, she's not bad and is quite well behaved when not around the house. She is protective of my wife and me and the property in general. She'll scare the crap out of you but take her away from her "space" and she's a pussy.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Served on a Federal Grand Jury today.

I can't tell you.

If I do I have to kill you. Which is also a crime. Soooo

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
On my way out the door here tonite. I'll be off the forum until next week. Going to pick up the new truck and on to CT to help my son get his house ready to sell.

Miss ya'll til' then

franc

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Loaded our Gypsy up in the truck for the vet trip. No barfing on the way there. That is from a dog who couldn't make it to the front gate without throwing up. Maybe all the trips in the RV are paying dividends.

She was an absolute princess throughout the whole procedure. She sat by me in the waiting room and was interested in but didn't interact with the people and dogs who came in and out. She went off happily with the assistant to get weighed and her nails trimmed. She loved on the assistant while waiting for the vet. She didn't react badly when getting manhandled, poked and stuck by needles and having stuff poured down her throat. She was a gem on the way home.

Let her out at the house and she cornered one of the painters out in the open and had him backed up into a corner. Her hackles were up from her neck all the way down to her tail. Jeez, she's a Jekyll and Hyde. Around the house she'll scare the crap out of people. The up side is that I don't need any high dollar security system. I have one and all it wants is kibble and treats … and a little lovin'.

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
A brief, heavy thunderstorm rolled through at 4:30 this morning.
Now this howling wind is going to be a major concern all day into tomorrow morning.
Keeping the phones charged in case we lose power, all systems are go. Hang onto your hats, folks!

I'm resting up this weekend in preparation for working 4 long nights this week, back to back.
Aimee is making tacos tonight.
Yippee, no cooking for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.