• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Report Your Snow Depth

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
We have rain. Oh, and temps are still above freezing. So we have mud instead of snow.

snowbird

Only about an inch of snow so far, but 5-9 of blowing white stuff in the forecast for Tuesday night and Wednesday here in southern Minnesota.:clap::biggrin: Got the carburetor rebuilt on the Skidozer and it seems to purr like a kitten (pardon the snocat pun: it's a Monday, what did you expect?).

utahwilson

Nice storm coming through the middle of Utah. A few snow flakes have accumilated in Salt Lake. Need a big storm to hit Northern Utah so we can take out the track-master. I enjoy this time of year, my unfinished front lawn looks like everyone elses. :clap:

Attachments

• SLSnow.jpeg
    SLSnow.jpeg
    24.9 KB · Views: 310
  • SLSnow2.jpeg
    SLSnow2.jpeg
    25.1 KB · Views: 308

socal4t12

Southern California got 2-20 inches of snow above 4,000 foot on 12/7/09. Made the burn areas (Station Fire in the Angles Forest) look very nice. Ran our loader and plow truck at our Fire Camp (elv. 5,500) for about 6 hours on the 7th, and 4 hours on the 8th. We got about 6 inches of nice heavy snow. Another storm is coming in this weekend. YEAH WINTER!!!!!!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not a lot of snow but we have temperatures dropping into the single digits and winds howling at 50mph. We do have snow drifts, but its hard to tell how much snow we have because its all blowing so hard that there are areas with no snow cover and other areas where drifts are measured in feet. I'd honestly guess we have a couple of inches, but I wouldn't know how to measure it since the wind is blowing so hard that its snowing sideways.

mtn cat

Got about 20 inches of very dry stuff above 5thousand feet,got the first run of the season today,totally makes all the work worth it! Some guy was trying to test out his monster truck,I had to tow him a couple of miles. He now REALLY wants a snowcat!

moosebgy

Well, Valdez set a new record. Over the past 3 days we got over 60 inches of new snow in town and Thompson Pass received over 7 feet in 36 hours. Sorry no pics yet, still diggint out.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, Valdez set a new record. Over the past 3 days we got over 60 inches of new snow in town and Thompson Pass received over 7 feet in 36 hours. Sorry no pics yet, still diggint out.

wow........... we really need some pictures of that. can Santa still make it?
we will let him use a snowcat if needed. :wink:

bill w

-14 below and 5 inches of snow last night,almost enough to go have fun.....may have to head for valdez.....bill w

moosebgy

Here's some pics from around the house. We get about half of what town gets and we're only 10 miles up the road. And yes, that's my deuce with a little snow in front of it. Thompson Pass is about 16 road miles from our place and that's where they got 7 feet the other day.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 216
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 221
  • MVC-003F.JPG
    MVC-003F.JPG
    58.4 KB · Views: 223
  • MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    39 KB · Views: 217
  • MVC-005F.JPG
    MVC-005F.JPG
    48 KB · Views: 215

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
thats pretty cool a heavy snow fall around here is only about 12 inches but is always comes with wind so the low spots and willows get filled up with feet of snow its not hard to go from 12 inches to 6 feet in a vehicles length.

aulen2002

Probably had 4-6" of old snow on the ground after a few days of warm weather. Started snowing Friday morning, and we've got over a foot already with another 4-6" forecast before it turns through freezing rain to rain.

Fingers crossed it doesn't change over.

Here's a pic in town (where there's less snow) - Nova Scotia, Canada
SSPX0063.jpg

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
another storm on the horizion nws is forcasting 8 to 10 inches hope it just falls the few storms have blowen so hard that th flat lnds are so chopped up and hard its like driving on hard frozen tundra you get lucky to get in to 3rd gear its so rough.

aulen2002

Boggie, that looks to cover some of Canada too. Shows 0 - 8" for southwest Nova Scotia on Jan 5, but we had another 24" on Jan 1-3. Now it settled some, but there must be 16 - 18" measurable now.

I wouldn't put too much faith in their accuracy!

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
we're sitting at about 1 1/2 ft here.

Does anyone else find that there is less snow this year. Normally in the middle of January, we have 3-4 ft of snow and are able to groom all the trails to a tabletop smoothness. This year is a total flop so far. Usually in January, it gets down to -30/-40 celsius and stays there for a month. It was freaking raining here the other day:hammer: We've not got roughly a foot of snow:sad:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
last year i had snow to the bottom of a 966 loader just clearing the road to the tank farm this year i have to navigate through the low spots to stay on the snow we have had a few good storms but it seemsany snow that comes gets blown away now its down to-10 and about-20 at night and the snow is hard as cement i can't hardly leave tracks when i drive accross it half tempted to dig out the jeep and see if i can run the snowmachine trails

weatherby

Does anyone else find that there is less snow this year. Normally in the middle of January, we have 3-4 ft of snow and are able to groom all the trails to a tabletop smoothness. This year is a total flop so far. Usually in January, it gets down to -30/-40 celsius and stays there for a month. It was freaking raining here the other day:hammer: We've not got roughly a foot of snow:sad:

GroomerDudeNWO.....You are not alone in wondering ware all the snow is. We have about 12" of hard snow old snow, VERY unusual for the 16th of Jan. The forecast does not even call for any significant snow for the next 8 days and maybe longer! No lake effect snow ether, and that is almost unheard of this time of year. We don't even want to take the sleds out, the trails are brown. It hasn't snowed here since Jan 1st:unsure:

bighorn

photos from wyo.

Attachments

• 34160009.jpg
    34160009.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 257
  • 34160019.jpg
    34160019.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 258
  • 34160018.jpg
    34160018.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 258