• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Cushman Trackster noob questions

markemery

Stumbled upon a Cushman Trackster recently and REALLY want to buy one! Didn't even know what one was until I Googled it, but really liked the small size and affordability factor.

Looking for one with upgraded 4-stroke, fiberglass cab, and in decent (not perfect), working condition. What should I expect to spend?

How available are snowplow attachments? How easy to install? How expensive?

Where can I even use this thing? Snowmobile trails? I spend most of my winter time around Government Camp, OR and Mt. Hood.

What's the range on 10 gallons of gas?

Anyway, not looking to do any serious expeditions with this thing, nor do I want to get into something major. Just something I can fool around with in the winter and tow behind my small SUV. Budget is also a major factor. At this point, I guess the big question would be knowing where I could use it without getting hassled.

Please help me justify buying one! :thumb:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
You will be the talk of the town when you pull up to the local café towing your Trackster.
They do come avalible and you need to be patient .EBAY or Craigslist is where I would start . FF is the largest group of private snowcat owners in the world . If it is out there , one of our dedicated members will know about it . Now is the best cheapest time to buy . We are headed into summer so they will be sitting around gathering dust for the next 7 months . Good luck hunting and remember we have a huge source of help for members needing advice .No where else will you find the help and knowledge that is available here .

markemery

You're exactly right BigAl. I've been involved on forums like this for many years now for a variety of interests, and they are a tremendous educational resource and community. Now, if you could only help me sell the idea to my wife!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Oh Hell ..... That is easy ... Just take her to look at one and tell her how hot she looks standing or sitting in one . The question " Honey have you lost weight ,cause you look extra hot !" might work . Get her to go for a ride and its done deal :flowers::clap::w00t2:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
my wife likes my snow cat's so much she let me have 2 I had a trickster but like Lyndons krusty I never got around to seeing it run it just turned out to be too much work with too little gain. I know where there is one now the owner is kind of hard to get ahold of the largest short coming of the trackster is the short track it really is a flat land rig and can be dangerous in the hills. snow trac's and bombies are light and can also be towed easily. for what it is I find trackster stuff to be kind of expensive to