• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

1st Snowride in 2014

nikos

Hey Guys
it's unbelievable
4/16/2016 few hours ago. Me and my son

Happy new Easter:yum::yum:

Attachments

• GOPR0762.JPG
    GOPR0762.JPG
    247 KB · Views: 240
  • GOPR0777.jpg
    GOPR0777.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 235
  • GOPR0773.jpg
    GOPR0773.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 235
  • GOPR0782.JPG
    GOPR0782.JPG
    254.8 KB · Views: 242
  • GOPR0784.JPG
    GOPR0784.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 236
  • GOPR0789.JPG
    GOPR0789.JPG
    298.2 KB · Views: 235
  • GOPR0793.jpg
    GOPR0793.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 228

nikos

I have to say that
It's not unbelievable the snow at this time in April.
It's unbelievable[/U] that the 1st snow ride with the ST4, happened at this time.
I am very lucky, and happy too:biggrin::biggrin:.
I make some progress with the varriator belt, ( November) with the bolt 1 + 2 and i had to check it,
also i had to check the problems with the high temperature.
Everything goes like clockwise.
I wiil send some extra fotos in my thread

Regards Nikos

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
kind of the same for me I have taken my cats out only in the last 2 weeks I'm expecting if I'm lucky Brutis gets 1 more run in a couple of weeks

nikos

almost looks like black and white photos .

Jim you are right
The colors are there, but the snow, the cloudy sky, and the time, late afternoon cover them.
One serious reason is the camera, then the day light, and of course there isnt any red, orange, blue, yellow, color to mark the snowtrack, or the clothes.

Any way, everything happened too fast

BUT The white color (in light) it really consists of all the colours of the rainbow (and some more).

Regards Nikos

Attachments

• snowflake.jpg
    snowflake.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 182

nikos

Looks like fun. It's good to see that you finally got some snow. It seems that it's been an unusual winter for all of us.

Akmountaineer
I have a serious problem, i don't have a trailer, so it's difficult to move the ST4 in the road.
It was the first time, that kind of snow in low altitude, and i took the chance.

regards NIkos

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
nikos,

Beautiful machine!...

As to your cooling problem, are the shutters that stop the air flow around your cylinders coming open when it warms up after starting? I can hear mine when they do this. Kind of a clink sound. If they are not opening it would explain your heating issues....

Good luck and most of all ENJOY!

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
another over heating problem comes from missing air deflector under the cylinder jugs, with out those deflectors the engine won't cool properly. some folks also remove the thermostatic shutters in the fan housing, those shutters need to be installed even if they stay open all the time to guide air across the engine equally