• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Summer track storage?

jp11

I know ski slopes pull their tracks for summer. Likely so the machines will all fit in the barn.

Anyway.. I pulled my tracks for maintenance.

How should I roll them up? the way they are on the cat? or counter roll them up, opposite the way they bend on the cat?

JP

jp11

Thanks. Just installed pallet racks in my new garage. Guess I'll take em down and re roll em. It will give me a chance to inspect them all now, instead of when I want to put them on, and will be in a rush.

JP

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
pardon the pun I'm tuckered out on track rebuilding after the 2100 project, my 2 cents is it would be just about impossible to roll them the other way.

jp11

Well.. I could show you the pic. I rolled em right up. Put two on a pallet and put them on my pallet racks I just set up yesterday... well, after I washed the gravel off them of course.

JP

fleepavement

Generally I leave mine on with the tension backed off. If in town I park on 2x4s but in camp like last year I cut poles to keep them off the ground and prevent freezing down in early season freeze thaw weather. Chipping them out if frozen down is a real pain but a memorable experience! Blue tarps are cheap shade to protect the belting from sun exposure.

Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
after rebuilding the tracks on Brutis, one sees what happens to your fasteners when left in the mud

jp11

Know you guys like pics..

just finished the barn last night. put pallet racks down one side. Plenty of room for a project to get stashed in a corner.

Rear end coming out when I get a bit more time. I'm gonna re roll the tracks. How picky should I be with them? Looks like someone used a few fender washers on a repair instead of the aluminum bar as a backer. Also have a few backers that hooked on something and are a bit beat up.

JP

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 127

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
I have had a few spreader bars chewed up too, there is a place duplicating them from stainless stampings. I had a few on mine they are thicker and never rust.