• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How many miles of smiles, winter Sno-Cat stats.

Sno-Surfer

Well it's been a heck of a winter here and probably a hard one to beat. We have one more 3 day camping trip planned but otherwise it's winding down. I figured out my sno cat stats for the winter and curious if anyone else keeps track.

551- Miles in the Tucker
32- Sno Cat trips
3- States Sno-Catted
18-cotter pins lost
4-lost links
0- "real" breakdowns
2-trailside "adjustments"
17-average miles per trip
4-trips to the welding shop
1000-photos (at least) of sno catting this year
33- days skiing in a resort area

It's not over but it's close. I can hardly wait until next year. :smile:

tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Yes it has been a great winter. Sad to see it go. I am as well looking forward to next winter hope there is more events to hit up. I am also trying to get my 1966 442 in good working order for my brother to take. Also thanks to all in The 500 Club had a good trip to Cloud Cap.

And I think I only covered about 350 miles this year. With only a couple battle wounds and a leaky axle shaft seal. Or you could say it is just a well lubed pontoon. See you all next year.

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
i'm heading out with the canyon tomorrow. a forest service gate needs closed and locked before any 4x's get up that far. it was a groomed snowmobile trail and closed to wheeled rigs. ranger rick is my copilot. a drift buried the gate and a little pushing with the blade is needed. it helps to do a little PR work now and then.
i'll be the guy in the RED pistenbully with the windows open in 40 degree weather.

GlacierSean

SUPER Site Supporter
Just about 100 miles for me in the BR100 this winter. All in Colorado, Vail pass and my neighborhood. Just a couple of issues but didn't break anything. Did try to set it on fire once. Lots of cat ski laps. Even made an appearance on the local news. The jamboree was my favorite trip. Gonna try and get in a couple hundred miles like you guys next winter.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
"Well it's been a heck of a winter here and probably a hard one to beat. I figured out my sno cat stats for the winter and curious if anyone else keeps track."

I never gave any thought to the statistics side of the hobby, but after some thought we had a pretty crappy winter here in the midwest. ( snow cat wise)

the ground never really froze in the low lands and winter roads were hard to sustain wheeled traffic, the lakes froze up with many inches of ice but the ice was soft and again wheeled traffic was a concern.

so from the stand point of needing the cat, this winter provided conditions that warranted their use.

my recreational outing were low.
billable hours in the working cats was low.
smiles and interest were high.

so the quote "mother nature is a fickle Bitch" seems to fit here.

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
100 Tucker smiles this season.
Many Trips out of the house.
1 trip via trailer to different location.
1 trip via airplane to use other sno cats.
1 break down due to a fan belt.
1 broken leg due to operator error.
No grooming this year.

Endless year round enjoyment!