• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Snow trac ST 4 in use

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Likely the last snow based outing.
I am a year-round snow trac abuser...... so getting to take the trail signs down on my sections of the trail while on snow is some simple Irony I enjoy.
This is 4th year in a row that i took the trail out in a snow machine. FWIW, I hit some Golf balls on monday in a t shirt.
Snow is melting fast as i have ever seen it.

Funny conditions, 15 degrees F when I left the house, the snow seemed warmer. the snow was building up on the cold grousers after crossing some open streams. I guess that brass wheel would smash that out if my machine still had that on it.

Threads need photos here is all I have.
1)
tried getting trade in value at the local yamaha shop. he tried selling me a 204 HP turbo Yamaha snowmobile.... that is just nuts factory turbo with a warranty.
2)
crosses a troublesome creek, I will pull the tubes another day, we can't put culverts in streams so we put tubes instead....
3)
Beauty shot on a winter wheat field.

I have a spring break mindset with a white landscape. so weird :w00t2:

freaking smart phone, Why does My phone do that?, anyone know what I need to do to fix that?

Attachments

• culvert crossing.JPG
    culvert crossing.JPG
    123 KB · Views: 379
  • vandenbroek crossing.JPG
    vandenbroek crossing.JPG
    134.1 KB · Views: 377
  • at the dealer.JPG
    at the dealer.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 384

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes, I am having no thought of painting it. There is a Yellow paint every where ( as a base coat or primer ) with the red paint flaking off of that Tan or yellow, another neat aged feature is the adhesive from the SNOW TRAC decal. the adhesive some how preserved the paint.

a legend

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it still has the blinker .a few of us would like some of them made.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
it still has the blinker .a few of us would like some of them made.

I have heard the turn signal lamps (and they are shaped like mini oil lamps!)
along with the correct lever style signal switch are indeed rare items. Glad mine has both, intact and working! :smile:

Nice trip Mike, I had hoped to do the same that day. 50 miles North of here there was 10" and on the western border as much as 17" of snow that day. Of course here there was none. :glare:

Regards, Kirk

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
That paint job , is just like the ones on my tuckers!:wink: dont worry a bit about scratching it. i'm a bit jealous you guys got snow still .

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Funny you mention that, On the return trip I really had no reason to stay on a now Blazer-less snow mobile trail, so I followed Apple Creek Home, ( the Tubes is one of the crossings where it is necessary to make a snow bridge for the groomer and the trail) , I hung a south and sort of widened the neighbors ATV trail. Brush was buffing up the finish to a high luster. When I got home and off loaded that batch of signs, I looked up at the signal lights and said, "Huh merbach, not so smart...."

nikos

Likely the last snow based outing.

Threads need photos here is all I have.
1)
tried getting trade in value at the local yamaha shop. he tried selling me a 204 HP turbo Yamaha snowmobile.... that is just nuts factory turbo with a warranty.
2)
crosses a troublesome creek, I will pull the tubes another day, we can't put culverts in streams so we put tubes instead....
3)
Beauty shot on a winter wheat field.

I have a spring break mindset with a white landscape. so weird :w00t2:

freaking smart phone, Why does My phone do that?, anyone know what I need to do to fix that?

The SNOWTRAC with the trail signs.

Nikos

Attachments

• at the dealer.JPG
    at the dealer.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 290
  • culvert crossing.JPG
    culvert crossing.JPG
    109.8 KB · Views: 280
  • vandenbroek crossing.JPG
    vandenbroek crossing.JPG
    119.5 KB · Views: 284

nikos

Alright Nikos, spill it. How do you fix our sideways pictures?

Hey PLJ
These pictures are selected from phones or Iphones, and they email them. When the pictures arrived some of them are sideways, or upside down, and you have to turn your head sideways.

There are many program for sending phone or iphone pictures that show up in the right way.
I dont use any of them. Just i use a couple of ways, to return, or to fix the sideways pictures to look - show up in the right way.
Thats all

If there are problems with the sideways pictures in the future, for which if i know to fix them, (to return in the right ways), i will do it in my way, because i cant turn my head all the time, sideways ok.

Nikos

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey PLJ
These pictures are selected from phones or Iphones, and they email them. When the pictures arrived some of them are sideways, or upside down, and you have to turn your head sideways.

There are many program for sending phone or iphone pictures that show up in the right way.
I dont use any of them. Just i use a couple of ways, to return, or to fix the sideways pictures to look - show up in the right way.
Thats all

If there are problems with the sideways pictures in the future, for which if i know to fix them, (to return in the right ways), i will do it in my way, because i cant turn my head all the time, sideways ok.

Nikos

This seems to work

http://rotatemailer.com/sideways-pictures.html

undy

If you have a Mac, you can open the photo with Preview and under Tools pick Rotate right or left.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike my 2100 is 6.8 miles down west beach I will be breaking out lil red to get down the beach tonight to get brutis fired up for a rig move again. I would expect not to see any footage on tv again as one of the reasons I do the moves is I do them in a timely manner with no drama or damage.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mike my 2100 is 6.8 miles down west beach I will be breaking out lil red to get down the beach tonight to get brutis fired up for a rig move again. I would expect not to see any footage on tv again as one of the reasons I do the moves is I do them in a timely manner with no drama or damage.

You are not going to pull start it are you?

stunt like that Monkey and football would be fun to watch on a Reality show.

Get a photo of that ST at work.

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
no at 8 mph its a long drive couple that with a fried blower motor and back and forth fuel makes since to leave it down there and use the snot trac to get back and forth

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Snow trac ST 4 in use (Take two, 4/9 the rest of the 30.4 miles)

Well as the month of April is Drunk off its ass and won't sober up. We went ahead and forced the issue of getting the snow mobile trails removed yesterday 4/9.
The State funded program actually inspects our system to make sure the *improvements* are removed prior to Grant request.
I am sour about this because, it is not always in the best interest of the land owner to fight mother nature and rut up agriculture land.

So the photos should show a story.

The story of the shadows give you an idea that we get out early and go as long as the frost will carry us. You will see a snow trac sitting on a trailer as the powers that be (think is is too slow and cumbersome) get out with faster nimble wheeled UTV's.
To some extent I agree, the crust of frost is mere inches over very saturated soils. Heavy clay loam.

Attachments

• DSC03649 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03649 (Medium).JPG
    81.9 KB · Views: 149
  • DSC03650 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03650 (Medium).JPG
    88.5 KB · Views: 165
  • DSC03651 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03651 (Medium).JPG
    91 KB · Views: 156
  • DSC03652 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03652 (Medium).JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 148
Last edited:

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Winter Wheat, and alfalfa are two crops that struggle in Spring a farmer can explain the growth cycle and what happens to the little bud of life that can be crushed or froze easily in a drunken *break up* such as the spring of 2016.

It was quickly determined the track machine should handle the hay and wheat fields. I try to educate folks about where the funding procedure is off its mark, so the county director and state rep are invited. the rep is quoted "I SINK IN MORE THAN THIS MACHINE" AHHHH Yeah!

So it would be a DNR no no to place culverts in navigable water ways, so we asked dave to look the other way as we pulled *them* back out. we explain to him how we have no idea how they get in the stream, that it is good practice to pick up trash. Well after a few phone calls we *found*:whistling: a place to store them. upon driving into the storage area gravity grabbed the scout and decided to make it a sculpture. ( when the trailer was unhooked the truck dropped a few inches) found out the area is a sink hole. whoops.

Attachments

• DSC03654 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03654 (Medium).JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 150
  • DSC03655 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03655 (Medium).JPG
    59.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC03653 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03653 (Medium).JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSC03656 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03656 (Medium).JPG
    116.9 KB · Views: 146

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
fun fun.:brows:

Attachments

• DSC03657 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03657 (Medium).JPG
    114.2 KB · Views: 144
  • DSC03658 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03658 (Medium).JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 159
  • DSC03659 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03659 (Medium).JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC03660 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03660 (Medium).JPG
    128.8 KB · Views: 153

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well as expected the carry gave way and the work became fun for some and annoying for others. as the high-powered UTV found itself *ripping-sh!t-up* the state rep, thought that perhaps that track thing should be used....

the shadows were long in the other direction when the day ended. there was roast Pork and yard bird for all. many smiles and even a fire works show. (prototype work for summer):w00t2:

I hope to prepare a tracked trailer for upcoming seasons.

Figured you would enjoy the photos.

Attachments

• DSC03661 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03661 (Medium).JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03662 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03662 (Medium).JPG
    106.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03663 (Medium).JPG
    DSC03663 (Medium).JPG
    108.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC03664 (Medium).JPG