• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

bad things happen at night

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
well took a trip out of town to clear a road lost my steering to the left at the bottom of bessi pit. backed around using right steering to point in the right direction to get to the road at the top. parked there went5 back at lunch with the truck to see what happened in the light surprise surprise I never expected this. I sent my core band out to Alaska clutch in anchorage for a reline should have it back by Saturday in the mean time dr zaugg found me a couple of nos bands that have never been used. it will be nice to have a couple of steels that have never bee through a heating cooling cycle thanks Pat for the seal numbers I found seals for the actuator shafts in anchorage too now that the top is off those will be replaced to. looks like I lost more fluid than I thought through those seals it looks like I'm getting another pail of power shift oil.

Attachments

• 20160113_123437.jpg
    20160113_123437.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 250

jp11

Ouch. Pail of power service hurts down here. I'm sure it doesn't get any cheaper with the airplane ride.

All in all though, Not too catastrophic.

JP

sno-drifter

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
It looks like the band has been bending where it broke. Is the pin pivot not free? Guess you will find that when you replace the band, check other side at that time..

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Just think if you did have a 4 pontoon tracked rig you wouldn't be dealing with this repair.

Maybe others but not this. Hope your up and running soon!