• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Put the English on the viewing side.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I was at Lowe's the other day looking at ceiling fans.

I quit looking since they seemed to have put all the cartons on the shelves with the Spanish side facing out.

Pissed me off. Wasn't the first time I had this issue at a box store.

Told the service desk person that they're losing business (at least mine) by making it where I can't read the packaging. I left without a fan because of my frustration.

Hello!!! This is rural PA. You can count the Spanish only speaking people on one hand. Put the boxes with the ENGLISH side facing out so we can read it.

squerly

Supported Ben Carson
GOLD Site Supporter
Hello!!! This is rural PA. You can count the Spanish only speaking people on one hand. Put the boxes with the ENGLISH side facing out so we can read it.
So now it Lowes fault you didn't pay attention in spanish class? :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I say take it one step farther and eliminate the Spanish BS from all packaging. This is America not Mexico.:hammer:

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
They did that in the Store in Kenai and people quit going there and went to the Home Depot across the street, they finely closed the store. In Fairbanks there is a very small Spanish speaking community, but you'd think the store was in Southern Calif with all the Spanish signs.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
You have to love the directions with 5 languages all mixed in on every page.:hammer: Some of the smarter manufacturers at least section them by language.

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
You have to love the directions with 5 languages all mixed in on every page.:hammer: Some of the smarter manufacturers at least section them by language.

At least that gives you a chance of understanding the instructions. Sometimes the Spanish version is easier to understand than the English version translated directly from Chinese. :yum:

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
It is really not about address the Spanish custoers. English and Spanish makeup the largest language populations in the Western World. It is simply more efficient to print everything in both languages.

for the same reaso cars are designed to be assemble not repaired, the desiners are just cutting produvtion costs. The retailers are just recognizing their customer base. Bt since lowes is centraly planned Corporate culture, they ignorethe common sense of Western Rural PA.

Retailers and maufacturers can do what the want, and customers canrespond how they want. Our beef ought tobe with govenment regulations that insist we do everything in multiple languges for no other reason that to be PC.

This is America, Our govenment speaks in double talk Bull Shit but,,,they do it in English.

BTW, instead of bitching about it, use the signs to learn the other language. Espanol cuando venga (Spanish is coming.)

Mandarin is next.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
see it here, too.
& this returns to: 'for English, press 2', only to get Oba's relative on the line.
most items & lines sadly have at least 2 languages on 'em.

mak2

I just have to ask. Why exactly do you think they were stacked that way? Do you think they were trying to lure Mexicans? :unsure: or do you think they were trying to keep Good (English only speaking) Amercans from buying the fans? If is was truly such a problem could you have turned one box and and read the English version? Or even called an employee over to turn the box for you. Geeze, some kid stacked the boxes and had no idea. There really are issues in this country, this aint one. I really truly dont understand why you guys worry about this stuff.
I was at Lowe's the other day looking at ceiling fans.

I quit looking since they seemed to have put all the cartons on the shelves with the Spanish side facing out.

Pissed me off. Wasn't the first time I had this issue at a box store.

Told the service desk person that they're losing business (at least mine) by making it where I can't read the packaging. I left without a fan because of my frustration.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The fact that you see it in various different stores makes you think it is corporate directed. Or maybe they use a bunch of Mexicans to stock shelves.

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
The fact that you see it in various different stores makes you think it is corporate directed. Or maybe they use a bunch of Mexicans to stock shelves.
I doubt it, probably just certain local liberal managers trying to please Obamas voter base. :wink:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They have some real turf wars with home depot. They will do anything to woo a certain demographic. Kind of like party politics does.:biggrin:

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
they think minimum wage is great money, & corporations pounce on this. the border-jumping employees- thier highest reaching point is not level w/ the ave. person's viewpoint, and it is corporate.:doh:

mak2

I doubt it, probably just certain local liberal managers trying to please Obamas voter base. :wink:

They have some real turf wars with home depot. They will do anything to woo a certain demographic. Kind of like party politics does.:biggrin:

But according to the Zoomer, there aint no Mexicans there. Note the Mexicans on one hand line. Just pointing out the...I dont even know what to call it? Paranoid?

FrancSevin

Proudly Deplorable
GOLD Site Supporter
they think minimum wage is great money, & corporations pounce on this. the border-jumping employees- thier highest reaching point is not level w/ the ave. person's viewpoint, and it is corporate.:doh:

You are so off the mark here luvs.

Corporations do not care about such things. What they care about is hiring people who will actually show up for work. Whether it is beacause of their work ethic, the fact that they did come here to "earn" money or the fact that they cannot get food stamps, free housing and unemployment for 99 weeks if they get fired, Latinos consistantly meet the number one requirement of all employers in the nation.

THEY SHOW UP FOR WORK!

Cowboy

Wait for it.
GOLD Site Supporter
But according to the Zoomer, there aint no Mexicans there. Note the Mexicans on one hand line. Just pointing out the...I dont even know what to call it? Paranoid?
I never mentioned Mexicans in my short reply, i just stated "probably" liberal managers trying to please Obamas voter base. There is no logic in that, but when it comes to liberals there seldom is. :wink:

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not at all paranoid.

I just wanted to read the features of each... in English. When they have 50 or so models, I don't want to keep flipping boxes around to see if they have things like remote control (which I want).

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
They make good mason tenders. At the job and getting the site prepped and mud ready to go as fast as the masons roll in.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
I have a harbor breeze with remote. We run it all the time year round. I personally find the remote more hassle than flipping the wall switch. You only need a feed wire with them so I used the light switched wire to power it.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
How do you like the Harbor Breeze? I have one of their low-end models in my shop but the blade pitch seems too flat as it doesn't seem to move a lot of air. I've been using the Hunter brand for years and like them.

With only 1 feed wire and switch, you can't control the light and fan unless you have a pull chain. Since it's for my son's room, I was going for the remote since he can't reach the pull chains.

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
The remote fan control works pretty good but the light rheostat is real picky with remote.

luvs

'lil yinzer~
GOLD Site Supporter
point being: they inhabit the country. here, a few, there, in swarms.

& i show for work, my Mom, bro, sil, Dad, Pap, my Grandma only, -if they got them-, took vacation & sick days. i like work & i like shopping. so i show.

we're caucasion.

to the o.p.- it is annoying to have it be expected that u speak spanish.