• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Damn, talk about having a bad day...

JayC

Huh?
He will now have enough money to buy all the testosterone supplements he will ever need. :oops:

Junkman

Extra Super Moderator
Being a VA hospital, he will have to file against the U.S. Government, and his chances of getting anything out of them is about nil..... Mistakes happen, and as long as it isn't your body, it doesn't seem to matter as much. I heard about a guy that had the wrong leg removed, and in the end result he couldn't sue the surgeon or the hospital......

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
You would think that people going into the hospital to have something removed would mark the parts so that problems like this would not arise.

working woman

Site Supporter
REDDOGTWO said:
You would think that people going into the hospital to have something removed would mark the parts so that problems like this would not arise.

I thought that was pretty much standard now days in hospitals. Hospital had me mark which boob for a lumpectomy 6 yrs ago. :boobies: .

thcri

Gone But Not Forgotten
JayC said:
He will now have enough money to buy all the testosterone supplements he will ever need. :oops:

Not to change the subject but JayC that avator makes me dizzy. :drink:

REDDOGTWO

Unemployed Veg. Peddler
SUPER Site Supporter
thcri said:
Not to change the subject but JayC that avator makes me dizzy. :drink:

Just push the alt and s keys at the same time and the spots will go away as the moving spots are what are causing the dizziness.:tiphat:

mak2

Junkman said:
Being a VA hospital, he will have to file against the U.S. Government, and his chances of getting anything out of them is about nil..... Mistakes happen, and as long as it isn't your body, it doesn't seem to matter as much. I heard about a guy that had the wrong leg removed, and in the end result he couldn't sue the surgeon or the hospital......
Sounds like he signed a consent for the wrong nut. He will get "something" out of it, but not the huge cash settlement usually awarded in the private sector. Nurses and the patient are suppose to mark the site for a surgery, but probably did not becasue of the location. They probably did the time out with the consent with the worng side marked, We have safety factor after safety factor built into patient care at the VA. It is just such a huge system, mistakes are going to happen. The VA is the first to implememntn CPOE and BCMA and when used properly almost eliminate all med errors. unfortunately, as long as there are people.....

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I use a "handyman" for some work around my house from time to time. Bascially stuff like going on my roof (because I'm a weenie and afraid of falling off). The last time he did some work for me was a bit over a year ago, and I needed something done at the house this past week so I called him up and he came out to climb on the roof for me.

He introduced his son to me and his normal van was not parked in the driveway. I asked how he was doing and he said he is now blind in his left eye, and lost about half his vision in his right eye. Apparently one of the hospitals that was treating him for an eye related diabetic issue shot him in the eye with a laser and blinded him!

Turns out that the doctor did not run a series of tests it was supposed to run? But now this guy, who is in his early 50's, is legally blind, can't drive, can't read, and is very limited on the type of work he can do.

I think I'd rather loose my nuts than loose my eyes.

Dargo

Like a bad penny...
GOLD Site Supporter
B_Skurka said:
I think I'd rather loose my nuts than loose my eyes.

As Gatorboy would say, I'd rather have loose nuts than loose eyes. :5boobs:

I do have to admit that I was rather startled the last time I went in for knee surgery. This was going to be regular surgery, not a scope, so I had to go through all the pre-op stuff. When the nurse came in to shave my leg all around my knee area she also gave me an IV that begun the process of putting me under. Anyway, I began to sleep some, on and off, but I did wake to see her using a Sharpie and writing something on my knee that was not to be operated on. I sat up in the bed and distinctly recall seeing where she had very clearly written "ON" on my left knee.

About that time is when they began putting me under for the surgery. Suddenly it came to me, oh shit, they are going to cut my other leg "off". I shocked the anesthesiologist by not going under and begin babbling about not cutting my leg off! All I could think of was that if one knee said "ON", the other must have said "OFF" on it!! :4_11_9:

I did manage to continue to stay awake, in spite of the drugs, until they explained to me that I was reading "NO" upside down; and it was normal procedure to write "NO" on the body part that is not to be operated on. :pat:

They were more impressed with my ability to stay awake under the drugs than anything. But, hell, I thought they were going to cut my damn leg off! I couldn't go under!!

So, a few years ago, when I had my right elbow reconstructed (stupid me - from an arm wrestling tournament; yes, I was the oldest there) I was not surprised that they wrote "NO" on my left elbow. Maybe this guy's nuts did a switch a roo in the sack? Can't say that I've ever tried, but I assume it's possible. I can't imagine a good way to write "NO" very well on that writing surface; especially if he was, um, short on writing area.