• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

thiokol Spryte or Tucker

Mike8623

So what is the opinion of most folks here, how do the Thiokol sprytes do against the old Tuckers, pros and cons......Can't decide which to buy??

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
ford or chevy?
this question depends on lots of variables.
i've owned both,
in my conditions:
i have been stopped from forward movement in tuckers many times. never needed a pull.
never had to back up any two track machine.

i feel it is easier to build custom bodies on two track machines.

goodluck.

mike

loggah

SUPER Site Supporter
You can run a Spryte on bare ground,you wont do that with a steel track tucker.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
IF your dragging a groomer, I would go with a Tucker.

If not, and you just want to have some fun, Then the Sprite would be my choice.

Tuckers, especially steel tracks, are (sorry to say it) Slow. To slow for a pleasure machine. Doing work they are unequaled. JMHO

Regards, Kirk

Mike8623

So if speed is not important and you just want to be able to get out of your place once or so a week on a say, good dirt road covered with Montana snow with about 3/10 mile of it on a sidehill a tucker would be alright??? Total distance from plowed road to my place is just a little over 2 miles.