• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

My new toy: Litefoot Snowcat

Fritzhaus

Just picked this up today. Should be fun to cruise around Utah with the family, dog, and kitchen sink.

-Ford industrial 300 cu/in motor
-Hydrostatic drive
-Custom aluminum cab

2012-10-17_15-54-06_580.jpg

2012-10-17_15-54-41_633.jpg

2012-10-17_16-42-23_270.jpg

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
So what the chassis under it from, a Thiokol, or DMC??

Looks like you could take the entie boyscout troop with you as well...:whistling:

Enjoy!

Kirk

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
What year was it built?

Litefoot is new to me, how long were they around? Do you know the company history and can you share it with us?

Fritzhaus

What year was it built?

Litefoot is new to me, how long were they around? Do you know the company history and can you share it with us?

I spoke with the owners predecessor today, at length, but not about the history per se. It was nice to speak with him and get the nitty-gritty on drives, history of the cat I was buying, etc.

Lite-foot was made in SLC, UT. I think they sold to Pistenbully?

Not sure how long they were in production. When I learn more, I will post it here.

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I spoke with the owners predecessor today, at length, but not about the history per se. It was nice to speak with him and get the nitty-gritty on drives, history of the cat I was buying, etc.

Lite-foot was made in SLC, UT. I think they sold to Pistenbully?

Not sure how long they were in production. When I learn more, I will post it here.

One nice thing about this forum is the way everyone shares information. Anything you can post about the brand, years of production, production volume, various models, etc will certainly be a help to someone.

jo5

As I recall the lite-foot snow cat was developed by Kevin Smith of RV Specialties
in Salt Lake City Ut .He bought out Bill Salt that made " Salt Cats" for years using modifed
weasel rear ends with fiberglass cabs
The last I heard the lite-foot was hydrostatic drive and had been sold to piston bully and was being sold as
the Scout
I beleive their was a lot of improvements in design and materials done to them and their a good well built snow cat
I've only be around one lite-foot and it seemed to do well

Last edited:

Fritzhaus

As I recall the lite-foot snow cat was developed by Kevin Smith of RV Specialties
in Salt Lake City Ut .He bought out Bill Salt that made " Salt Cats" for years using modifed
weasel rear ends with fiberglass cabs
The last I heard the lite-foot was hydrostatic drive and had been sold to piston bully and was being sold as
the Scout
I beleive their was a lot of improvements in design and materials done to them and their a good well built snow cat
I've only be around one lite-foot and it seemed to do well

Sounds accurate. I spoke with Kevin yesterday at length about the cat. Great guy and very helpful.

Fritzhaus

Got the cat delivered across town to my driveway today. Snowing in the Wasatch over the next few days. Hopefully the cat will be transported to it's winter home in the next few weeks.
2012-10-22_12-15-15_469.jpg

2012-10-22_12-34-34_317.jpg