• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

LiteTrax - Anybody have any experience?

blentz

thinking of buying one of the new diesel powered units. they are a bit pricy but seem like a lot of fun and provide utility access to the deep snow.

http://litetrax.com

Was wondering if anyone on here has any experience w/ this company and/or units?

Thanks in advance,

Bob

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
the problem i see with that one is the asme as the cushman trackster they are too short making them a flat land rig the short tracks will pitch and roll on an incline making it easy to endo one while trying to go down a steap grade also not much use except for you and one other person might as well get 2 snowmachines and have some fun.

blentz

I hear ya regarding the length. We already have two deep powder sleds. I was looking for something that we could groom a small ski hill on our property and get us around the ranch in the winter. We live at 9000ft in the colorado high country so we get a ton of snow.

before they had the diesel option, i wouldn't consider it. however, there are many videos of these things climbing hills and such on youtube - pretty impressive.

Attachments

• 1000hc_logo_profileqLT2 (2).jpg
    1000hc_logo_profileqLT2 (2).jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 461

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
glad you posted that pic exposed chain guess what happens when dirt and rocks get in to it as for hils a dirt piled up and a real mothernature hill are 2 different things i still think of it as a flat landers vehicle. also what hapens if you are going up or down a hill and you pop a chain on one side or the other.the scernarrio isn't all that uncommon ask any one who owns a polaris bigboss 6x6. i would think for that kind of money you can get an imp or snowtrac in good condition in fact i just posted some this morning

Snowtrac Nome

GOLD Site Supporter
here's a snow trac .62 psi vw air cooled motor i believe it's a 1600 and it will fit on a drop deck car hauler trailer and about 2400 pounds dry and about 7 k

Attachments

• snow-trac.JPG
    snow-trac.JPG
    45.2 KB · Views: 420

JimVT

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
I have no experience other than trying to get some answers answered from them but with my bombis short tracks you can get stuck in moguals.

pixie

SUPER Site Supporter
I'd go for the used Pisten Bully over the small LiteTrax. That PB130 looks nice.
Kinda like choosing between a new Smartcar or a used pickup truck. Which sounds the most useful ? :wink:

Blackfoot Tucker

GOLD Site Supporter
Bob (blentz),

I suggest you take a hard look at the 1975 Tucker 1542 just posted for sale. I don't think you'll find a nicer Tucker, and the asking price seems more than reasonable.

That said the LMC 1500 (also for sale) looks like a great machine.