• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

adjustment of tracks on a spryte

spencerhenry

how much range of adjustment is there on a c spryte? i have found good belting that is 1 grouser shorter than a spryte (off a 2100). that should make the track 4" shorter than needed. will the front axle come back 2"? i can get this 2100 for cheap. it has good sprockets, good belting, complete running cat with a 391. not many parts other than the diff, belting and sprockets will interchange, but i can probably get it for less than the cost of new belting for my spryte. it has several good tires on steel wheels, and a few aluminum wheels with filled monorail tires. a couple of hydraulic pumps, good pieces and parts, fuel tank etc... after selling off some of the stuff i dont need, i will have about $0 in the belting!

tomelroy

you could always just over lap a piece of belting to add the extra length. Are the steel rims the kind that are bolted together? I need a few with tires if you are selling...

spencerhenry

i talked to a guy at petersons and he said the belting will probably work, in fact he said he thought there were sprytes out there with 72 grousers.
the wheels that are on the 2100 are the bolt together type, and i think there are 4 or 5 that have tires that arent bad. i will part the machine out once i get it. there are 8 steel wheels on it, a good motor and trans, hydraulic pumps, hydraulic valves, fuel tank is a pickup truck 'L' tank, lots of good parts.
i hope to buy it this weekend or next and bring it home.

spencerhenry

i have made an agreement to buy the 2100. i will be selling the steel wheels and hubs, motor and trans, my old sprockets, hyrdaulic fittings and valves, fuel tank, hydraulic cooler, blade cylinders, blade, radiator, etc...
motor is a 391 with a 4v, was supposedly rebuilt recently, it looks like it has newer paint on it, but i have no way to determine if it in fact was rebuilt. trans is of course a c-6, it too was supposedly rebuilt, but as with the motor, it has been used and i have no way to know if it was redone.
it has power assist steering, has anyone ever converted a spryte to power assist?