• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Any Kristi stories of actual useage?

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Adventure & Usage
Snow Trac, Kristi, Thickol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier stories & discussions

Notice in the sub forum title that Kristi's are in included, yet I have searched and didn't have any luck finding any threads in this discussion dealing with actual useage of a real live running Kristi....

So whats up with that??

Old video's shot in the late 70's or early 80's don't count, seen them before. I am talking about today...

Kristi guys here's your chance, post up a link to a current day running nearly mythical machine....:yum::yum::yum:

Regards, Kirk

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Actually I run my KT7 almost daily on a course I have hidden away . Its very dangerous and that is why I cannot show you the snowcat jumping canyons and deep valleys . I would hate to see a lessor snowcat or snot trac fail or see someone hurt trying to copy me :doh::sad:. There really is only one KT7 :biggrin:

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
Snowcat Adventure & Usage
Snow Trac, Kristi, Thickol/LMC, Tucker, Bombardier stories & discussions

Notice in the sub forum title that Kristi's are in included, yet I have searched and didn't have any luck finding any threads in this discussion dealing with actual useage of a real live running Kristi....

So whats up with that??

Old video's shot in the late 70's or early 80's don't count, seen them before. I am talking about today...

Kristi guys here's your chance, post up a link to a current day running nearly mythical machine....:yum::yum::yum:

Regards, Kirk
Bobcat has or had a real live running Kristi.

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
PG,

I know, I kinda posted this post to get bobcat going a bit, as he sent me a U tube of one from back in the 70's or something, as I had said something about this Kristi in another thread. You know the recently discovered one with the nice tub and 70's paint recently posted....Funny this post has him postless (Speechless?)...

Perhaps his isn't in running condition either! Yea, that would explain it.....:yum::yum::yum:

Best regards, Kirk

pirate_girl

legendary ⚓
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd have no way of knowing whether he's still got his or not.
I do know about his other 'cats and recently acquired machine, however.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Actually I run my KT7 almost daily on a course I have hidden away . Its very dangerous and that is why I cannot show you the snowcat jumping canyons and deep valleys . I would hate to see a lessor snowcat or snot trac fail or see someone hurt trying to copy me :doh::sad:. There really is only one KT7 :biggrin:

Weeeelllllll, so we have blisters forming on our tounge now???

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
PG,

I know, I kinda posted this post to get bobcat going a bit, as he sent me a U tube of one from back in the 70's or something, as I had said something about this Kristi in another thread. You know the recently discovered one with the nice tub and 70's paint recently posted....Funny this post has him postless (Speechless?)...

Perhaps his isn't in running condition either! Yea, that would explain it.....:yum::yum::yum:

Best regards, Kirk

Ah, the full story!!! Well he found an old dead unit and after a few cans of touch up paint.... It was reborn!!

With the science of stop action shots, he was able to take a photo, drag it forward, take another photo and when played like a movie, it looked like it was moving under it's own power!

Sound was supplied by a VW Beetle running out in a WalMart parking lot to give it a realistic sound!

Very impressive special effects!

Here is some of that footage, for the trailer scene it require some hidden cables!
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-W_4i3mATHU&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Kristi KT-3 SN 00145 Loading 150k - YouTube[/ame]

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
Merlin and his mates have got hold of all the Kristis and hidden them away as punishment for them trying to run away with maidens years ago. They have probably broken them up by now as they weren't even any use for parts for real snow machines.

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re:A REAL KRISTI STORY!

There was this ski area in Vermont called Hogback. It was not far from Brattelboro. It was your smaller, "family ski area". It's since passed into history, but in it's hay-day they operated a Kristi or two and had an ST4 along with some Tuckers. The lodge was on a sharp curve in highway 9 and you skiied down from the lodge and rode the lifts back up to the lodge on top. Kind of a backward arraingement. There was a narrow right-of-way for a phone line that was not really part of the ski area. It was roughly 8 feet wide, and had wood phone poles every 300 feet. One had to be a fairly accomplished skier to navigate it. It had a rope blocking skiiers out but on ocassion the rope would get knocked down and immediately we would all take advantage of the unofficial opening. There was this big ravine a ways down that was tricky to get over. I busted a ski there one year. Anyway, on this one ocassion another skier got injured seroiusly there and the ski patrols were trying to get him out. They had sent one ski patrol back up to the head of the trail to block any further skiiers from going in. 1st Ski Patrol:" Boy getting this guy out is going to be a problem", 2nd Ski Patrol:"Yeah, we'll probably have to take 2 guys and haul him back out the top", 1st Ski Patrol:" Well,. the Kristi could probably make it in here and back out". The year after Hogback closed there was still a Snow Trac there. I have no idea what hapened to their Kristi's. They would have to be one of the only ski areas I ever saw that used them. Early 70's or late 60's.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Lyndon, Didn't you own one?

Yes ,
Lyndon did own a Kristi .But ,,,,, once it was found out he also had about a dozen Snot Tracks at the same time , the major players at Kristi Headquarters revoked his ownership license for any Kristi of any model .

Since then , it has been hard on Lyndon . He has shamed himself badly . I heard he actually sold all his snowcats and is hiding out in the Arctic playing the part of a skinny Santa Claus . :whistling:

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
Do you have enough snow to run yours yet? Seen where a lot of rain came by your area.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Do you have enough snow to run yours yet? Seen where a lot of rain came by your area.

Bill , We got hit with a warm front and it is slicker than hell around here . Water on snow makes for bad conditions:unsure::sad: .
The good news is it started snowing this evening . Hope it continues .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey big Al,

Get those ice cleats out and shoe up your boots. No sence in falling down, with those around. Don't like the yak tack type, like the kind with the carbide pins, as you can walk on a hard floor with them on.

Regards, Kirk

PS oh yea post a current running Kristi video and prove me wrong. I figured some one would have by now!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Hey big Al,

Get those ice cleats out and shoe up your boots. No sence in falling down, with those around. Don't like the yak tack type, like the kind with the carbide pins, as you can walk on a hard floor with them on.

Regards, Kirk

PS oh yea post a current running Kristi video and prove me wrong. I figured some one would have by now!

Kirk ,

Its not that I want to prove you wrong but to keep others from doing wrong:doh: .

Thats what it is all about with us Kristi Owners ,,,,,,, Taking good care of all the lessor Snow Cat owners in the world ....... Your welcome !:smile:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Kirk ,

Its not that I want to prove you wrong but to keep others from doing wrong:doh: .

Thats what it is all about with us Kristi Owners ,,,,,,, Taking good care of all the lessor Snow Cat owners in the world ....... Your welcome !:smile:

Don't have a video but will a picture do ?

Attachments

• funny snowcat.jpg
    funny snowcat.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 208

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Al is that the front or the back of the KT7? :yum::yum: Right, the mirrors face backwards....

No I am not kidding here at all....

Nope pics don't count. That one is old to boot. I want none earlier than last years snow season...

Any real live runners out there, or just more trailer queens? Or worse?

Kristi owners???

Al, that is one exclusive club you got going!!!

Regards, Kirk

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
Yes ,
Lyndon did own a Kristi .But ,,,,, once it was found out he also had about a dozen Snot Tracks at the same time , the major players at Kristi Headquarters revoked his ownership license for any Kristi of any model .

Since then , it has been hard on Lyndon . He has shamed himself badly . I heard he actually sold all his snowcats and is hiding out in the Arctic playing the part of a skinny Santa Claus . :whistling:
gee AL i thaught it was because he sobered up and asked how did you get here than nicely asked it to leave before he was caught with it

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
well rumor has that Big Al has been in his Kristi for almost a week now after all the
talk about Kristi non use. he has had to replenish the wet bar several times.
but never the fuel tank? and the temp gage in the Kristi never gets above 68 degrees
(same as the shop?)

well another year draws near and I still did not get everything done that I wanted to

Happy new year everyone!.(Yes you to Mainer) Keep the tracks down and stay all in good health
and remember two things 1: post more pictures 2: have fun life is to short

Boggie

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
well rumor has that Big Al has been in his Kristi for almost a week now after all the
but never the fuel tank? and the temp gage in the Kristi never gets above 68 degrees
(same as the shop?)

well another year draws near and I still did not get everything done that I wanted to

Happy new year everyone!.(Yes you to Mainer) Keep the tracks down and stay all in good health

Boggie

Geez Boggie!
Your good !

How'd you know I ran out of Rum while trying to get ole Yetti out of the shop ? Man that was a bad 10 minutes until I got some more Rum comming . I had started to break out in a rash running a slight fever . I'm ok now but I need to relax and drink a few days per doctors orders . Dr. Rum that is :brows:!!

You have a sane and save New Years .

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
(same as the shop?)

Boggie

I'll second that notion!! Hope we all get some snow yet this winter:w00t2:

Kirk

danocheese

Kirk I'm north of you and we pulled everything off the lakes two days ago. Tonight we got about 2 inchs of wet snow. I don;t think we will get to play with toys this winter.