• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Day Traders! Start your engines !Virtual trading has arrived

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Ok . Tomorrow morning at opening Bell:hammer: you have $5000 dollars to invest for 1 day ,anywhere you want . You can sell at any time during the day . Lets see how the first day goes . Post your "Buy" after close of the market today and price paid . Then follow up with a sold price when you sell tomorrow and the profit or loss acquired . Highest percentage of return wins .

Good luck

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll play one of your fav's and one of mine:

BAC @ 15.77 = 158 shares = $2491.66
TXT @ 20.40 = 122.96 shares = 2508.34
Total = $5000

Do I have to sell at closing price, or can I sell at any point tomorrow, so long as I post my sell within say a few minutes of the sell?

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NASDAQ: CRBC @ 0.626 = 6,405 shares = 4009.53
NASDAQ: FITB @ 9.90 = 100 shares = 990
Total = 4999.53

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll play one of your fav's and one of mine:

BAC @ 15.77 = 158 shares = $2491.66
TXT @ 20.40 = 122.96 shares = 2508.34
Total = $5000

Do I have to sell at closing price, or can I sell at any point tomorrow, so long as I post my sell within say a few minutes of the sell?
Sell anytime during the day

EastTexFrank

GOLD Site Supporter
Guys, I'm going to have to take a rain check on this one. I'm really busy for the next four days and I'll have to do a little research first. I'll catch you next time around.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
PALM @ 12.54 = 239.23 shares = $2999.94
GT @ 14.59 = 137.08 shares = $2000.00
Total = $4999.94

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Sold my BAC att 11:11am for 16.23, used procedes to buy TXT @ 20.21 at the same time.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
NASDAQ: CRBC @ 0.626 = 6,405 shares = 4009.53
NASDAQ: FITB @ 9.90 = 100 shares = 990
Total = 4999.53

After hours trading screwed me on CRBC. It was down 1.3% before the opening bell...

Selling FITB right now @ $10.10

jimbo

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Cisco Dec $24 options at .59 (cyqln.x) as a day trade. 1000 shares. I'm not really a day trader. Might hold for a few days. Cisco jumps widely, and the underlying stock is at $23.85.

Longer term, I like Gregg (HDD) currently $19.00. Jan 2010 $20 options. HGGAD.x currrently $1.17, 2000 shares. Gregg has taken over many of the Circuit City locations and are currently opening them prior to black Friday. The publicity should generate a lot of Christman business. Would sell on rumors of a good Christmas season.

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
SOLD BAC! 46 cent a share profit @ 12:30 on 377 shares@ $16.23

$173.42 profit

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
Sold my BAC att 11:11am for 16.23, used procedes to buy TXT @ 20.21 at the same time.

As a result, I have 249.84 shares TXT.

So right at this moment, I am only up $61.76.

I'd go nuts doing day trading...........

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
I'd go nuts doing day trading...........
Me too.

I'm up about $15 right now.

I'm rooting (hoping) for my one stock to go up 1/10 of one cent and then I'll probably sell.

Citizen's bank wasn't a good bet... It's flat today.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
OK, I'm done for the day.

CRBC - Lost $76.86
FITB - Gain $10.00
COBR - zero.
BLAP - Gain $192.91

Bottom line is I'm up $126.05 (2.52%)

A couple questions as we continue this.
Do you pick up from your previous day balance?
Should there be a fee for every buy/sell? E.g. when we start in the morning, pay $7 for your initial buy. You then pay another $7 for each daily transaction.

bczoom

Super Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Damn. Should have held BLAP a bit longer. I'd be up $600 for the day (including my other losses). It jumped 227% today.

buckle97

SUPER Site Supporter
Sold mine at the closing bell:

PALM @ 12.17 = 239.23 shares = $2911.43
GT @ 14.69 = 137.08 shares = $2013.71
Total = $4925.14

Am I the only one who lost money? I guess I don't need to quit my day job.

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I gained $54.26 for the day. If I could do that every day, for each 5000 invested, I'd be very happy!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
OK, I'm done for the day.

CRBC - Lost $76.86
FITB - Gain $10.00
COBR - zero.
BLAP - Gain $192.91

Bottom line is I'm up $126.05 (2.52%)

A couple questions as we continue this.
Do you pick up from your previous day balance?
Should there be a fee for every buy/sell? E.g. when we start in the morning, pay $7 for your initial buy. You then pay another $7 for each daily transaction.

You know to make this fair I guess we should discuss the $7 amount . To me that seems fair. What do you all think .

Since I don't trade on line . Do you get charged when you buy and also when you sale ??
Do you guys want this to be a week long event or maybe just one day a week or something ???

Last edited:

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Cisco Dec $24 options at .59 (cyqln.x) as a day trade. 1000 shares. I'm not really a day trader. Might hold for a few days. Cisco jumps widely, and the underlying stock is at $23.85.

Longer term, I like Gregg (HDD) currently $19.00. Jan 2010 $20 options. HGGAD.x currrently $1.17, 2000 shares. Gregg has taken over many of the Circuit City locations and are currently opening them prior to black Friday. The publicity should generate a lot of Christman business. Would sell on rumors of a good Christmas season.

Can't hold it .Game rules are you Must sell by closing bell each day . So where did you end up ??

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll let each player do his own math and post how he did at the end of the day .

So here's a summary minus Jimbo pick at this point .

Buckley97 Loss of $75.
Waybomb gain of $54.26
BcZoom gain of $126.05
Big Al gain of $173.42
These gains or losses are without adding in trading cost that could change the order depending how many time you traded during the day .

waybomb

GOLD Site Supporter
I'll have to bow out at this point. Tomorrow I will be swamped, and then I leave on Friday for 2 weeks in Poland.

Ps - you guys with over a 100 buck gain - you should be day tradin!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
I'll have to bow out at this point. Tomorrow I will be swamped, and then I leave on Friday for 2 weeks in Poland.

Ps - you guys with over a 100 buck gain - you should be day tradin!

Have a great trip Fred !!!:clap: Take Pictures !!

BigAl

Gone But Not Forgotten
SUPER Site Supporter
Since I am on the west coast and will not be up when the market opens , I'll make my pick tonight .
$5173 all in .....Dell . Its trading at $16.18 in after market trading .

Total shares = 320