• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

How did you come up with your business name?

Big Dog

Large Member
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Long story short, the wife and I are starting a small business. Primarily consulting work but we don't want to limit the versatility. They say not to use generic words like resources, consulting and services.

Any ideas or what did you use?

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Make sure it looks good in a domain name.

;)
And that it is available in a domain name.
I went for a generic name that meant nothing in particular with DotHQ so it can be the front end for anything internet related. Much like Yahoo, Amazon etc.
Sometimes descriptive can be good.
I found three small easy to spell words have a good chance of being remembered as a domain name ie: NetTractoTalk NetBoatTalk NetCarStop etc.

Hyphens are not a good idea in domain names if you can avoid it.

I can't come up with any real name ideas, but finding that whatever name is available as a domain name should be near the top of your list.