• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

larry with one of his toys

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
This is one of my st4 snow tracs;took a lot of work but it sure runs nice now!I am having trouble geting this pic on here, hope is works this time .hey can anyone out there tell me how to get my pics bigger ? more later
Larry

Attachments

• Larry Coy with the toy.JPG
    Larry Coy with the toy.JPG
    3.8 KB · Views: 658
  • attachment.jpeg
    attachment.jpeg
    43.8 KB · Views: 644
Last edited by a moderator:

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
It's easy making them smaller, but making them bigger they usually get pretty distorted. I use PhotoShop for image manipulation, others here use a freebie called infranview (sp).

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Pic looks good roughwoods, it upsized fine.
Hope to see more pics as you can. :)

BoneheadNW

Larry, nice picture. It would be great if we could see some pictures of the inside of your toy. By the way, when you go to re-fuel, do you do so at home (via gas can or whatever) or do you drive right up to the pump?
Bonehead

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Roughwoods,
Nice looking Snow Trac. Are those stock tires on the big boggie wheels? They look a little bigger than stock to me. Could just be my eye's.

roughwoods

SUPER Site Supporter
Thanks DOC! FOR THE BIGGER PIC.! As we live in a small town i can drive up to the pump to fill up I just can,t aford it.At this time I don,t have any inside pic,but ill try to get more posted.I always carry cans of gas with me on trips.The boggie tires are stock.Foam filled, dont like flat tires!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Larry, in one of the posts somewhere, you gave your website but for some reason it did not work for me. After a bit of digging, I found your website and figured I would post it here for everyone. I know a few folks who make it up to Alaska for vacations, one of your Snow Trac adventures might make for a great side trip during a vacation.

Link to Roughwoods Inn website

Also, while people are there, they can pick up a Snow Trac hat at the giftshop!

Attachments

• Roughwoods 1hat.jpg
    Roughwoods 1hat.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 580

Spiffy1

Huh?
SUPER Site Supporter
Both his earlier post and your new one worked here. A couple really neat action clips of the snow trac, not a mention quite a hospitable looking establishment!:thumb:

I didn't see the moose lips on the menu, but I think it was explained before as a seasonal item.

:rolleyes: Regardless, you guys just shouldn't do that to us....now I have an itch for an Alaska trip, and it just isn't going to happen anytime soon.:(

Seriously, nice job on your website Larry and thanks for bumping it up Bob.

Ice Queen

Bronze Member
SUPER Site Supporter
I hope my snow trac will look half as good one day. Wish I could get to America and have a trip on that vehicle, also fancy one of those hats!!

Snowcat Operations

SUPER Site Supporter
Well looking at those videos, his snow trac is alot fater than my Snow Master! I know mine has the real low gears. Very nice!

Melensdad

Jerk in a Hawaiian Shirt & SNOWCAT Moderator
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Hey Larry my hat arrived today!!!

Lyndon

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Your neighbors with ST4's:

If you turn off the "Parks", right at Healy, by the North Star Inn a guy named Mark has one, he's up the hill a ways on the right. The last time I was there his machine was dead. If you go the same direction off the Parks at the turn just before the North Star(coming from Nenana) there's another guy that runs a welding business up toward the end of the road that has 2 or even possiblly 3. One he uses to plow the road, one is a parts rig and one is his hunting buggy. His neaighbors say that his machine does an excellent job of plowing the road. I've forgotten his name, but anyone around should know how to direct you to his welding shop.

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Larry has been gone now about a year and a half. Left a big hole in my life as a friend that was always ready for an adventure into the unknown. He had just gotten his cabin done by mine out on the Lake which was a forty mile drive each way by snowcats. Took awhile, but it was always an adventure!

Not very many people that can just jaunt off into the wilderness and be as home as in a house. Larry was a class act and I hope he builds a big fire for me to follow him when I hit the trail....

This was his last big adventure...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iTJ7Fka6YWo"]Roughwoods cabin II - YouTube[/ame]

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Mark,

Sorry for the loss of your close friend. Remember the memories and hold them close. I believe he is some how watching and waiting for the day when you'll be joining him. I believe that friend ships this close are for ever. It's tough though, Most every one goes through this in life. It doesn't make it any easier though....

Great video, one of the first snow trac vids I saw when I found this forum. Gave me a real hard on for a snow trac, even when it broke down!!

Best regards, Kirk

fogtender

Now a Published Author
Site Supporter
Mark,

Sorry for the loss of your close friend. Remember the memories and hold them close. I believe he is some how watching and waiting for the day when you'll be joining him. I believe that friend ships this close are for ever. It's tough though, Most every one goes through this in life. It doesn't make it any easier though....

Great video, one of the first snow trac vids I saw when I found this forum. Gave me a real hard on for a snow trac, even when it broke down!!

Best regards, Kirk

Thanks!

His wife clearly took his loss the hardest. But she is still keeping their cafe/hotel going! His artwork will keep his memory alive as well!

muleman

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
He enjoyed his life till he passed. More so than many folks can say. Travel in peace Roughwoods.:flowers: