• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Grooming today!

nikos

Hey Kirk

Really ..., After two years!!!!!!!
Send us some Pics from your places ok

Regards Nikos

Doc

Bottoms Up
Staff member
GOLD Site Supporter
Yeah, please post the pics here.
We got 3"s or so of snow overnight. Most in a year or so.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
SAME!

Our trails opened officially at 10 am today.

I can no longer say that the trails did not open in 2012. Our forcasted dusting just wound down with a total of 7-9 this came on top off the already Heavy base of 12".

Just packed down 39 miles (diesel pack master is a beast.) taking a rest for a minute then headed back out to get the tucker ready.

In the funny department (most of you know I fairly new to snow cats) I tried to pack snow with a Trac Master..... hahahahahaha

the 2100 does a much better job.

I need to get some media together before this gets old and boring.

Mike

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Well, done for the day...

Sorry I didn't take a camera either. Should have taken a rifle though as two coyotes were on the trail and broke out into fields beside me, well within range. Unfortunately we arn't alowed this priviledge in the DNR groomer.

The old 252D Ski Dozer ran flawlessly too. Only had maybe 6 areas that I had tofold the drag up on back and become a bull dozer throught the drifts across the trail. The snow was hard and I went over most with just the groomer. The trial I was on today is an old RR right of way with a paved bicycle trail on the top of it. Very gradual elevation changes, and miles of straight as an arrow trials. I did 20 miles two passes. Where there are cut banks and trees on either side are the problem area's. Several miles are through heavy timber and broken fields in a valley below the trail. It's a very beautiful area, and in the middle is a long diagonal river bridge as the trail goes over the river. I don't know how high it is, but I wouoldn't want to fall off for sure..Only about 4" on each side of the machine for clearance between the railings.

Lost track of how many snowmobiles I saw comming from each direction. Lots of thumbs up's from the riders. Then they throw you some snow with the throttle, and leave a hole to fill...:hammer:

About 6 and a half hours and i'm a bit sore in the legs and back. The cab is not sized well for a tall guy. Should have gotten out and walked a bit more than I did. It's nearly 0 deg here now and I bet the tail is set up nice by now.

My snow mobile is in the shop waiting parts. Guess tomarrow it might be Snow Trac time...But then again I might have to take the kids sking, I am being told...:ermm:

Regards, Kirk

NorthernRedneck

GOLD Site Supporter
Nice. Wish I could get out there. Only a couple inches of snow here so far. Was all set to start up with a new club this year running two BR's and 350km's of trail. Looking like we won't get enough snow to fire them up this year.

redsqwrl

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Not sure what order the photos are but here goes.

2100 packmaster went out and packed heavy wet snow and busted most of the creeks open.

the creeks quickly refroze sort of.

Tucker and Drag in "the park" one each from the front and back.

A before photos, post 2100 treatment and a bunch of snomachine travel.

A after photo.

A boot test to see how hard the snow pack was.

It is fun to find the limits of these snow machines.
It is a tricky deal this year as the soil never froze properly.
I cut the grass two ish weeks ago and as of now I have logged Twenty hours of snow flake training since the lawn care outing.
thiokol vs tucker debate.
took the chicken trail on one creek crossing with the tucker. the 2100 took all of them in stride, I needed/chose to back thru one very steep creek crossing*figured it would be easier to pull it out that way) I still am grining about that one. that big diesel engine makes more grunt than it knows what to do with.

I wish i had time to photograph the tricky stuff, seems my hands are busy then.

I hope to finish tommorrow.
Mike

Attachments

• 124_7137 (Small).JPG
    124_7137 (Small).JPG
    53.9 KB · Views: 169
  • 124_7143 (Small).JPG
    124_7143 (Small).JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 164
  • 124_7144 (Small).JPG
    124_7144 (Small).JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 162