• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

2100 grousers on a spryte

spencerhenry

thinking about putting the 2100 grousers on my spryte. someone cut the end caps of the grousers on my spryte, i was going to weld on new caps while i had it apart, but then i thought about putting the 2100 grousers on instead. they need to get cut to length and have 2 holes drilled in them and they will fit. the 2100 grousers are 1" taller than the spryte grousers so they will be a little bit heavier, but not much, maybe a pound each. total would only be 144 pounds. also, the 2100 grousers have little value for sale, but my spryte grousers with new ends welded on do have some value.
an inch taller grouser should theoretically work better in deep powder, they also have bigger ends on them which should help with side slippage.
anyone see any reason NOT to use the 2100 grousers?

one other reason to run the 2100 grousers is that the belting off the 2100 has 7/16" holes for the grousers, but the spryte grousers are 3/8.

MNoutdoors RIP

Gone But Not Forgotten
GOLD Site Supporter
thinking about putting the 2100 grousers on my spryte. someone cut the end caps of the grousers on my spryte, i was going to weld on new caps while i had it apart, but then i thought about putting the 2100 grousers on instead. they need to get cut to length and have 2 holes drilled in them and they will fit. the 2100 grousers are 1" taller than the spryte grousers so they will be a little bit heavier, but not much, maybe a pound each. total would only be 144 pounds. also, the 2100 grousers have little value for sale, but my spryte grousers with new ends welded on do have some value.
an inch taller grouser should theoretically work better in deep powder, they also have bigger ends on them which should help with side slippage.
anyone see any reason NOT to use the 2100 grousers?

one other reason to run the 2100 grousers is that the belting off the 2100 has 7/16" holes for the grousers, but the spryte grousers are 3/8.

Most of the grousers are made of 4130 steel formed and then heat treated then drawn back to reduce the temper. Welding many times will harden right next to weld
and then if not drawn back may crack next to the weld.

As far as drilling they are drillable but may require a very good quality bit someti
mes carbide is required

300 H and H

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
4130 can be successfully welded. It takes a compatable rod..I have used a Utectic rod for high carbon steels successfully. Preheat the material before welding, and peen as soon as the bead is laid down, to relieve stress in the weld. If available, place the hot part in a bucket of dry ground limestone to let it cool slowly, and draw some of the hardness out of the weld area. Carefull prep, a compatable rod, and a slow cool down are the key...

Regards, Kirk