• Please be sure to read the rules and adhere to them. Some banned members have complained that they are not spammers. But they spammed us. Some even tried to redirect our members to other forums. Duh. Be smart. Read the rules and adhere to them and we will all get along just fine. Cheers. :beer: Link to the rules: https://www.forumsforums.com/threads/forum-rules-info.2974/

Tucker days of summer

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
just waiting for winter

Attachments

• DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 528
  • DSC_0060.jpg
    DSC_0060.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 516
  • DSC_0070.jpg
    DSC_0070.jpg
    132.7 KB · Views: 522
  • DSC_0075.jpg
    DSC_0075.jpg
    194.8 KB · Views: 522
  • DSC_0076.jpg
    DSC_0076.jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC_0079.jpg
    DSC_0079.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 509
  • DSC_0094.jpg
    DSC_0094.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 510
  • DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 525

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
Re: Tucker days if summer

Looks like you are thinking it will be a long time till winter...or are looking for more minions.

Blue light special anyone?

Track Addict

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter

Where is that secret east coast tucker you managed to sneak back there under our noses?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

there was no sneaking involved, hauled it off the east coast on a open car trailer for all the world to see, did you not see it go by

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

grandson

Attachments

• DSC_0021.jpg
    DSC_0021.jpg
    197.2 KB · Views: 431
  • DSC_0017.jpg
    DSC_0017.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 434
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    119.3 KB · Views: 429
  • DSC_0004.jpg
    DSC_0004.jpg
    229.3 KB · Views: 437

DAVENET

Bronze Member
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning Jinn-

What's the story behind the 'Blue Lighter' and its hood? I can see the novelty of hinging it in reverse (although it seems like it would be inviting a wind gust to fold it over), but what were the air ducts for? Help with windshield deicing?

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
Morning Jinn-

What's the story behind the 'Blue Lighter' and its hood? I can see the novelty of hinging it in reverse (although it seems like it would be inviting a wind gust to fold it over), but what were the air ducts for? Help with windshield deicing?

those car crazy canadian's, a hot rod for the snow, they just have too much fun, yup the ducts are for windshield deicing,

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
as the Tucker days of Summer fade into Fall, Mayor "Tough Tucker" Jack of Tuckerville, has been busy,

Attachments

• DSC_0001.jpg
    DSC_0001.jpg
    165.3 KB · Views: 285
  • DSC_0003.jpg
    DSC_0003.jpg
    174.9 KB · Views: 287
  • DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 281
  • DSC_0014.jpg
    DSC_0014.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 279
  • DSC_0022.jpg
    DSC_0022.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 284
  • DSC_0013.jpg
    DSC_0013.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 275
  • DSC_0002.jpg
    DSC_0002.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 278
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 280
  • DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
looking at some of those factory welds. back in the day tucker didn't have the greatest welders money could buy back then. some of us would be ashamed to lay rod like that now days. one also has to remember that samwelding was new back than but I have looked at some old work from back in the day, some of those old time welders could burn rod.

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
looking at some of those factory welds. back in the day tucker didn't have the greatest welders money could buy back then. some of us would be ashamed to lay rod like that now days. one also has to remember that samwelding was new back than but I have looked at some old work from back in the day, some of those old time welders could burn rod.

That bead screamed at me too. GPB have you no shame? At least a cover pass before priming...It's begging for it!

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter
mr. IAAD,

thank you for your advice and you are more than welcome to put some hours in, unless you are still working on your Tucker Sno-cat.

tuckerville minion

Snowtrac Nome

member formerly known as dds
GOLD Site Supporter
if I weren't so slammed and a plane ticket didn't cost so much I would do it for you. that said it would take the originality out of it. your work is first rate I wasn't cutting down the work I was just making a point that in the early days it didn't look like tucker was using the most up to date welding practices. welding has come a long way since than I would guess the rods being used back than were the same stuff iron workers use. their welds aren't pretty but seem to hold up buildings for years.

it's all about downhill

Nuts
GOLD Site Supporter
if I weren't so slammed and a plane ticket didn't cost so much I would do it for you. that said it would take the originality out of it. your work is first rate I wasn't cutting down the work I was just making a point that in the early days it didn't look like tucker was using the most up to date welding practices. welding has come a long way since than I would guess the rods being used back than were the same stuff iron workers use. their welds aren't pretty but seem to hold up buildings for years.

Don, thanks, but it's me she was picking on. I'm busy for this week and maybe next picking up filberts, then I can go collecting again if she wants. And no, I am still only a vicarious owner.

Pontoon Princess

Cattitute
GOLD Site Supporter

oh i agree, the welds are awful, but some how, some way, they survived all these years, if the welds are solid, i leave them, if them are cracked or so poorly done, they get reworked. and is fair in love and tuckers:smile: